Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had been having trouble with my windshield leaking water around the edges and squeeking something awful. Here's what I came up with-

As you can see, it likely has not solved the water getting in completely, haven't had the weather to test that. But it completely stopped the squeeking so that's a move in the right direction! I just used regular rubber foam weather stripping that you can get at any hardware store. Anyone have a better idea?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
if your plexi isn't to thick you may be able to use automotive door weather strippping like honda does. Honda uses the exact same stuff that chevy used on its trucks doors from 73-87. I have it on the sides my two piece windshield and figured it would be removed by braches and what not by now, but it stay put real good. I don't have a pic for you @Tflynn but Ican get you one iffin you'd like.

Reactions: MaleRN28US
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
if your plexi isn't to thick you may be able to use automotive door weather strippping like honda does. Honda uses the exact same stuff that chevy used on its trucks doors from 73-87. I have it on the sides my two piece windshield and figured it would be removed by braches and what not by now, but it stay put real good. I don't have a pic for you @Tflynn but Ican get you one iffin you'd like.
This is the same thing I was going to suggest. I think you will be much happier with the overall appearance with the door weather strip fit and finish.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That looks good! My windshield came with something similar but it was total garbage. Wouldn't stay put, didn't seal, just awful. I guess that's what happens when you buy the cheapest one you can find. Where can I buy that stuff you have?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!