P1000 Tune options for 87 octane expo build

R

rmking34

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
NE Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there anyone else doing tunes! Sense Florida cracker quit?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
looking at tune options and want to stay away from the COPS drama.
Heat control and low end torque. trans shifting.

thanks for the input
B
Did you have problems with COPS ?

B

BlownCJ

Oct 23, 2021
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sure talked with dyno jet and got the unlock code so I can modify their tunes. They said I can reset the maps but keep their trans tune and lowered fan cut on. I am more intrested in lowering the fan temp and trans tuning. So just diy . Simple . from what I have read certain companies dont have a dyno that tune these P1000s they just make tunes that work for their customers. Most companies do not offer a low ocatane tune because most peeps are looking for mo power. Not all "Tuners" are created equal so sometimes to get what we want we have to DIY. Fortunately I have family member that understands tuning on a dyno and transmission tuning form extensive work with hp tuners and efi live. I have experience with both.

Trade secret small adjustments , big ones get you in trouble. If you are worried about a warranty leave it alone.

If I blow it up I guess we looking for a talon motor LMAO!

Give dynojet a call .

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sure talked with dyno jet and got the unlock code so I can modify their tunes. They said I can reset the maps but keep their trans tune and lowered fan cut on. I am more intrested in lowering the fan temp and trans tuning. So just diy . Simple . from what I have read certain companies dont have a dyno that tune these P1000s they just make tunes that work for their customers. Most companies do not offer a low ocatane tune because most peeps are looking for mo power. Not all "Tuners" are created equal so sometimes to get what we want we have to DIY. Fortunately I have family member that understands tuning on a dyno and transmission tuning form extensive work with hp tuners and efi live. I have experience with both.

Trade secret small adjustments , big ones get you in trouble. If you are worried about a warranty leave it alone.

If I blow it up I guess we looking for a talon motor LMAO!

Give dynojet a call .
Thank you. Not looking for high horse power. A little more would be good but do not want to loose reliability or fuel economy.
Would like to have the trans clutches locked up tight as I do haul a good load with tub trailer and sxs loaded in hilly sandy terrain through the bush, so can not get speed to get more air flow. So from there I get the heat issues which I would also like to improve. Thanks for your responce.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!