Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was curious on this. I looked around a bit and I found this online. This is manual transmission. 4th is a direct drive. All transmissions would be different I'm positive however I'd be surprised if they are that efficient on average. Absolutely nothing factual on cvt because it's to hard to read being variable. Everything I saw said there is a lot more power loss with cvt however cars can get better mileage to to the higher top drive ratio.

Last edited:
MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
joepotentialist: 62389 said:
Think of the DCT as a traditional manual trans, the difference being that the vehicle works the clutch for you. You may give it the command to open or close the clutch by hitting the paddles but the clutch engagement is controlled by a solenoid.
Great information; thanks much! I love my Honda more now than I did an hour ago.

A manual looses a little power from rolling resistance of the components but this is usually minor in comparison to power loss in a CVT. An XP turbo looses 28% from crank to wheels. The Polaris engineers claim only an 8% loss but multiple independents have put it at 28%.

So we start out with a 999cc engine and a DCT with less rolling mass than a true standard transmission the loss should be less...I smell potential.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I couldn't find anything but damn if that's true!

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
ive got the pcv installed with the only map power commander has at this time. the OEM O2 sensor is smaller than the bosch O2 that comes with the autotune. got a new one welded in and will finally be building some new trim tables this weekend.

as for the exhaust.... waiting on HMF to release their swamp series. i refuse to use a big gun.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Big gun was bad on my kids dirtbike that I know. It was cheap

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I talked to MCX today. They told me they would do a custom turbo set up for the 1000 if I would bring my sxs to them.
:):):) do it do it! I just want to watch videos of it

Last edited:
AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
:):):) do it do it! I just want to watch videos of it
I've got to get my suspension and tire project sorted out first. Then I can see how great the need for more torque is actually going to be. Also waiting on some feedback for axle upgrades and clutch improvement as the power potential will quickly point out the weak links.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also waiting on some feedback for axle upgrades and clutch improvement as the power potential will quickly point out the weak links.
Truer words have never been spoken. Nothing brings out your weak links like a power adder. I ran nitrous on my dragbike until my bad back said enough is enough. When I sold all my racing stuff I installed a turbo on my Dodge neon from scratch. Breaking stuff was the norm lol

Reactions: Windrock1000
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!