Turn signals necessary?

brennen

brennen

Mar 23, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just getting into the sxs world, located in Michigan and curious if I need turn signals and a horn? My Honda is registered under Agriculture so I’m unable to make it road legal. Atleast to my knowledge. I have added a slow moving sign and wondering what else is needed to have cops leave me alone while on rural roads In southern Michigan.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I live in Mi and I have them. Im not street legal but when im running the shoulder in my co at my cabin I want them cuz I dont trust idiots or ridge runners on the road.
especially at home in southern Mi.
the signal kits in the club store as I have, also have Hazard feature. If your using it for Ag and even with the triangle, having the Hazards on will help u from being bothered and will also keep u safer. There inexpensive and simple to hook up. Having a horn in your case is a personal preference.

Reactions: Stateboy
Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just stay off trunklines (M designated roads) like M-60 and M-52 for example, as well as interstates and U.S. designated roads like US-131. I'm in Cheboygan County and can travel on the shoulder of all the other roads at 25mph legally. In reality, I'm on the pavement doing up to 45-50mph where allowed. I move to the shoulder when I see traffic. When I was a state trooper here in Michigan, I never bothered orvs on the road unless they were idiots. If I didn't stop the idiots, I was an idiot to those that wanted me to stop the idiots. There can only be one village idiot and I wasn't going to be that one.

All that said, accessories are good to have and, hopefully, will keep you safe. At least the signals and horn will let people know what you're up to (signals) and where you're at (horn).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!