P1000 turn the useless cup holders in to defrost ducts

mmorgan

mmorgan

Sep 25, 2020
washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to share my experience. i just completed installing the inferno heater. I had used up the space on the dash with toggle switch panel w/ cup holders. When trying to find location for defrost leuver's, i set one in the cup holder by accident. It fit perfectly. I popped out the cup holder cut a 2 1/4" hole in the bottom using the current hole as a pilot hole. ran the duct up thru it and attached to the vent outlet it sets down perfectly. The outlets swivel 360' and can be used to heat the riders or as defrost. Very clean professional looking set up. I will add pics tonight.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Most like me just cut in bigger holes for holding our drinkin cups ( coffee etc).

heater ducts work, just make sure they don’t run anywhere close to the front drive shaft if your heater box is under the seat like mine.

it’s a mess you don’t want to deal with....

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to share my experience. i just completed installing the inferno heater. I had used up the space on the dash with toggle switch panel w/ cup holders. When trying to find location for defrost leuver's, i set one in the cup holder by accident. It fit perfectly. I popped out the cup holder cut a 2 1/4" hole in the bottom using the current hole as a pilot hole. ran the duct up thru it and attached to the vent outlet it sets down perfectly. The outlets swivel 360' and can be used to heat the riders or as defrost. Very clean professional looking set up. I will add pics tonight.
Really debating the inferno heater. Seems to be about the best one. My friend and neighbor actually manufactures them in my small Iowa town. All my friends have them in their SxS's. I just want to know if there is a way to waterproof it under the seat. I hit some good size puddles in the summertime.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

mmorgan

mmorgan

Sep 25, 2020
washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most like me just cut in bigger holes for holding our drinkin cups ( coffee etc).

heater ducts work, just make sure they don’t run anywhere close to the front drive shaft if your heater box is under the seat like mine.

it’s a mess you don’t want to deal with....
Well I already had bigger cup holders on the dash with the switch panel. So that wasn't necessary for me. as for running the duct up to the front, I used solid abs pipe to navigate the part under the skid plate. then attached duct to that front and back! but thanks for the heads up!

mmorgan

mmorgan

Sep 25, 2020
washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really debating the inferno heater. Seems to be about the best one. My friend and neighbor actually manufactures them in my small Iowa town. All my friends have them in their SxS's. I just want to know if there is a way to waterproof it under the seat. I hit some good size puddles in the summertime.

What about mounting it in a Battery box ? just a suggestion!

mmorgan

mmorgan

Sep 25, 2020
washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I am happy with it so far. One thing i found out with the 3 port vs. the 4 port, the defrost is 21/2" that has to route under the skid plate by the front drive line. i used a solid piece of ABS for that area hooked the duct to it on both sides and continued on up to behind the radiator and installed the "Y" at that point. One thing I will add is, with this method It takes more 2" duct than they send. I had to order a 6' piece to complete the "under seat" connection to the passenger side.

H

hubbard1986

Feb 15, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you route the pipe to driver side cup holder? I used 2 1/2 pipe but hits the steering staft.

mmorgan

mmorgan

Sep 25, 2020
washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you route the pipe to driver side cup holder? I used 2 1/2 pipe but hits the steering staft.
flex from heater to undercarriage, Start hard pipe up passenger side of drive shaft using elbows ( on both ends) you assemble to exit on the drivers side. Back to flex, go up under battery box, added "Y" from there off to each side and up to bottom of cup holder. What I didn't do that I want to do and think it would help is to wrap the pipes with insulation and tape where you can, before you do final install.

mmorgan

mmorgan

Sep 25, 2020
washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
flex from heater to undercarriage, Start hard pipe up passenger side of drive shaft using elbows ( on both ends) you assemble to exit on the drivers side. Back to flex, go up under battery box, added "Y" from there off to each side and up to bottom of cup holder. What I didn't do that I want to do and think it would help is to wrap the pipes with insulation and tape where you can, before you do final install.
Also I just saw that you said you were using 2 1/2" pipe? That's too big I think. The exit hole on the heater is a thin wall 2 1/2 but I cant remember exactly but I used 2" or 2 1/4" If I gave the impression I used 2 1/2" , my apologies..

advertisement
F

FranklinHonda

Dec 29, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you ever get to add those pics? I'm thinking about the install myself and would love to have a reference as I will most likely do the same with the louvers. Thanks!

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
mmorgan

mmorgan

Sep 25, 2020
washington state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to photo underneath before I bundled it all up. I am sorry for that. When I take apart to insulate I will take some.

IMG 5973 IMG 5972 IMG 5974 IMG 5975

F

FranklinHonda

Dec 29, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you so much. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when you insulate!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!