Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I used motorcycle flag mounts. You can turn them down, like breakaway. I fold them down so I can open the toolbox.
This was before I got the second flag but you can see both mounts.View attachment 20467
Oh nice, that's what I want. Did you get them at Amazon or the dealer?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dealer. Like $25 each. They were chromed plastic so I scuffed them up and painted them.
Got lucky, the pipe I used for the top rails is the same size they use on cargo racks on road bikes.
Plastic??? So they would have to be mounted like you have them or brush and limbs would break them probably right? Not sure plastic would have the same flexibility as fiberglass. What do you think?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Plastic??? So they would have to be mounted like you have them or brush and limbs would break them probably right? Not sure plastic would have the same flexibility as fiberglass. What do you think?
Yeah plastic. Designed to break away before they snap. I have noticed after going through some tight trails with low hangers that one of them would be tilted down. Must've been hit and worked as it should have. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah plastic. Designed to break away before they snap. I have noticed after going through some tight trails with low hangers that one of them would be tilted down. Must've been hit and worked as it should have. :)
Ah breakaway, I must have missed that part. :)

D

Deleted member 3748

I bought 2 of these to mount rear facing LED work lights. I never ended up installing them, because the roll cage angles in at the top and the lights looked funny mounted like that. These flag mounts are very versatile for mounting accessories to the roll cage.

I'm also looking into GoPro cameras, but using @ehart814 's advice, I decided to try mounting my older Kodak Sport using the flag mount. Works perfectly!! Just need to buy the horizontal mount so I can put it inside the cab instead of on the roll cage where it will be torn off in no time.

Reactions: trigger
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I need a new one! I broke both of my US flags on the 50" trails. Let's see yours! :D
If you dont have a back window it is ez to drill a hole on either side to slide the flag pole in .

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
P5 antenna mount
Here is my flag mount > drilled a hole just behind drivers seat . Cost was electricity to power drill .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!