P1000 Tyre problems

D

dsa

Sep 2, 2017
coolah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned a pioneer 1000 -3 for 6 months and I am already having to change my Black ST 8 ply tyres supplied with my new 1000. I took them off today and I counted 19 tyre plugs I have had to put in them over the course of 6 months to keep them up. The unit is operated on a farm in sometimes rough going but the performance of these tyres is hopeless especially given the amount you pay for a new pioneer. I operate 2 honda 500 ATV's in the same environment on 6 ply tyres and get about 18 months from them with the occassional tyre plug needed. I have owned hondas for many years but this is pretty ordinary from a company that should do better.

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned a pioneer 1000 -3 for 6 months and I am already having to change my Black ST 8 ply tyres supplied with my new 1000. I took them off today and I counted 19 tyre plugs I have had to put in them over the course of 6 months to keep them up. The unit is operated on a farm in sometimes rough going but the performance of these tyres is hopeless especially given the amount you pay for a new pioneer. I operate 2 honda 500 ATV's in the same environment on 6 ply tyres and get about 18 months from them with the occassional tyre plug needed. I have owned hondas for many years but this is pretty ordinary from a company that should do better.

Understand your disappointment relative to the other tires. The BlsckStones are 4 ply I thought?

Completely separate, what the heck are you driving over that damages tires in general like that??

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your not in a lot of mud go to a desert tire. My tensor regulators are steel belted and 8 ply. Been indestructible so far over 2200 miles on them not one plug and hardly any wear. A lot of tires with same tread pattern. And most will treat you well. One company has a 10 ply out. They also do really well in snow.

H

HondaTech

I agree those tires have to be one of the worse oem optioned tires out there. Plus their an odd ball size, not alot of 27 inch tires for a 12 inch rim. I think Maxxis might have a Bighorn in that size now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!