UHMW skid plates

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a used 2017 1000-5 with 400 miles. The 73 year old first owner took it on a dry rocky creek bed and put some small dings in the outer tube frame, The outboard area where you step into front. It surprised me how thin the metal is. I could pull some of the dings out with a glue dent puller!

Hence, looking for a full skid plate!

Last edited:
seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea, I'm looking too. The Trail Armor skid has a lot of great reviews on here. I like everything about them but the price! lol I'll probably bite the bullet and get one before Takeover though. I priced them out this morning, about $800.00 shipped after the 10% club discount. LOT of money for a fancy piece of plastic, but probably way cheaper than what may get broken without it...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!