P1000 Under dash wiring

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How are you guys wiring your switches and what connector are you using to connect underhood wiring to underdash wiring? I have used a 12 conductor Molex connector to tie my 10 circuit fuse box to my switches. I will be using 2 conductor Molex connectors from the switches to my field devices such as lights, fan, etc. I have 5 switches, dual battery meters and a usb port. Still a few more wires to terminate but closing in on it. It takes a bit to strip, crimp and solder those Molex pins, but worth it for reliablity and ease of removal. My fuse panel mounts over the original battery.

FredD

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The last rig we built I pulled the dash and wired everything solid to the dash and used all factory automotive plugs to plug it in. It was much easier and kept the tangles out and work on later if needed. That rig was pretty extensive won’t do that again, but dash out and plugs for everything is now standard for me.
BA916DB1 B082 441B 9889 D87B02AD8FD8

This was at the start getting a feel for what went where.
2B78F8A1 56A6 4B97 AAFC 5A64F42A62BD

These are the waterproof under hood plugs. Used Honda lol. Just went out to a pick and pull yard and snipped some. Grabbed over 40 total I believe cost 5$

Last edited:
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
These are the waterproof under hood plugs. Used Honda lol. Just went out to a pick and pull yard and snipped some. Grabbed over 40 total I believe cost 5$

I considered that but was worried I could be inheriting someone elses problem... but that is a pretty cheap price. The new ones are very spendy! Did you use new pins or splice to the existing wires?

Thanks!

FredD

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I considered that but was worried I could be inheriting someone elses problem... but that is a pretty cheap price. The new ones are very spendy! Did you use new pins or splice to the existing wires?

Thanks!

FredD
I’m in the auto field and don’t recall seeing a factory Asian plug failing. Spliced, soldered and heat shrink.
Did use a few wiring connector plugs from Napa for the higher power items. They have 2-7 pin connecters with 18” leads there.

Reactions: lee and BWAF
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I just used spade conectors filled with grease

This

I’ll often pull the plastic collar off, crimp and solder the spade connector as well. Then I’ll cover female connections with heat shrink.

It’s tedious but I know the wire won’t pull out.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
advertisement
RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the back of the switches I used these from otrattw or waytek.

OTRATTW - The standard in high quality custom rocker switches.

On the other end of the harness I used Delphi weather-pack 6 way connectors. I guess I don't have any pics of these or the back of my switches.
Off the back of the fuseblock is Delphi metri-pack 2 way connectors that run out to each individual accessory so it remains adaptable to whatever accessory you want to hook into today or tomorrow provided you run the bigger wire off of these to start with. This is a pic of it unfinished. It actually has 10 connectors coming off of it. 5 fused and 5 relay controlled.
20180203 211545
20180225 174227

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: BWAF
RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the isolator for the back of the switches... wish I had seen those earlier! Those connectors look very robust too.

Thanks,

FredD

I have had them on and off a few times changing things around and they sure made it nice to keep it organized. Robust indeed! They come in a bunch of different colors to help with OCD as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!