Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Honda offers $$$200 front tray. What if any are you using?
I didnt use anything In my P5, Once u put power stereing in and some other mods there really wasnt enough room for one. although i think it was the power steering that FBARed any room for storage.

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
I didnt use anything In my P5, Once u put power stereing in and some other mods there really wasnt enough room for one. although i think it was the power steering that FBARed any room for storage.
Thanks , that's a BIG help. PS is deff in future plans (Much easier than gym buffing) best I dont get use to extra storage. Info! ,info! ,info ! This is why the Fourms rule helpful members!!!!!

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Heres my old P5. It has some ideas there for you.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, PS eats up pretty much all of the space on the driver's side under hood, plus if you have any plans for a winch and extra lights or whatever else, that wiring + fuse box/buss bar, winch relay etc. eats up a bunch. There's still a bit of space left over, but not a whole lot of room.

Also have to consider if you're ever planning on getting a windshield. Some of them are more or less easy to remove than others, restricting how you can get to the under hood space.

Other options include rear rack storage box/toolbox, there's a neat ROPS-bar bag for in-cab storage for small items also.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

I bought the under hood storage shortly after getting my P520. It is really nice to have somewhat secure storage. Only people that are familiar with Hondas would know it might be there.

I'm getting ready to take mine out because of power steering. I have some extra lights and a winch that I was able t keep that space free so I could use the storage box. So much for that...

Now I need to find more storage for the first aid kit, extra winch lines, shackles, lug wrench, minimal tools, gloves, and remote for the winch... I'm back to utilizing the space under the drivers seat somehow.

Rob

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Yeah, PS eats up pretty much all of the space on the driver's side under hood, plus if you have any plans for a winch and extra lights or whatever else, that wiring + fuse box/buss bar, winch relay etc. eats up a bunch. There's still a bit of space left over, but not a whole lot of room.

Also have to consider if you're ever planning on getting a windshield. Some of them are more or less easy to remove than others, restricting how you can get to the under hood space.

Other options include rear rack storage box/toolbox, there's a neat ROPS-bar bag for in-cab storage for small items also.
Thanks

Reactions: crewcabrob
waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

I bought the under hood storage shortly after getting my P520. It is really nice to have somewhat secure storage. Only people that are familiar with Hondas would know it might be there.

I'm getting ready to take mine out because of power steering. I have some extra lights and a winch that I was able t keep that space free so I could use the storage box. So much for that...

Now I need to find more storage for the first aid kit, extra winch lines, shackles, lug wrench, minimal tools, gloves, and remote for the winch... I'm back to utilizing the space under the drivers seat somehow.

Rob
I'm waiting on trigger shield, so guess stay with my "foot locker" size lockable storage box

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Do you remember roughly what size?

Here ya go. I think I got mine at Lowes about 4 years ago. Just sits in there with no modifications. Installed or removed in under 5 seconds.

Hefty 1
Hefty 2

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
For more storage I also got a plastic bathroom trash can at Walmart. It fit perfectly under the driver's seat. Just had to squeeze it in a little because the opening is not rectangular. I don't have a picture of it right now.
Same 3 gallon trash can mod here. Suggest a heat gun to deform the bottom away from the brake line, and for the irregular top opening if also needed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!