P500 Under hood storage

L

lil_country

Feb 7, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Someone may have already discovered this, but I found a box that fits neatly under the hood. I was able to put gloves, jack, air compressor, tire repair kit, tow strap, and folding lug wrench with room to spare in it. I'll try to pos photos. Got it at Walmart for $5.

IMG 3685 IMG 3691

G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Someone may have already discovered this, but I found a box that fits neatly under the hood. I was able to put gloves, jack, air compressor, tire repair kit, tow strap, and folding lug wrench with room to spare in it. I'll try to pos photos. Got it at Walmart for $5.

View attachment 43866 View attachment 43867

Great minds, i got the same one and safely holds all kinds of must haves

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm gonna go look at local Wall of China Mart tomorrow. Thanks for posting bar code!

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Very nifty idea. I've just got way too much going on under my hood with the extra lights front and rear, light bar, turn signals, and winch wiring. But the cheap 12 qt. tub also works well for storage in a cramped space. Its been holding tools, a rain suit, gloves, and a tow strap for a year safely.

Reactions: 100Acre
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Hey lil country. You any relation to Bryant ("Big Country") Reeves?

• Haha
Reactions: bpike207
G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Very nifty idea. I've just got way too much going on under my hood with the extra lights front and rear, light bar, turn signals, and winch wiring. But the cheap 12 qt. tub also works well for storage in a cramped space. Its been holding tools, a rain suit, gloves, and a tow strap for a year safely.View attachment 43875 View attachment 43876

I see what you mean bad bowtie, Might think about mounting a fuse board on the L/S and bring up power to it. Keeps a clean look while giving the options to add further accessories later.
IMG 1214
IMG 1215

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I see what you mean bad bowtie, Might think about mounting a fuse board on the L/S and bring up power to it. Keeps a clean look while giving the options to add further accessories later.View attachment 43883View attachment 43884

Are you able to move that forward or back at all? I have stuff mounted on that rear frame rail and wonder if this would even fit in mine.

Reactions: Grizzbut
D

Deleted member 3748

I have something similar in mine. I run a bungee over the top of it hooked to some stuff to help hold it down. I shot a rock or something through the bottom of it a few weeks ago and now it has a hole. :)

D

Deleted member 3748

Are you able to move that forward or back at all? I have stuff mounted on that rear frame rail and wonder if this would even fit in mine.
Not really. Mine sits on the radiator overflow tube and I wish I had a 1/2" or so to move it around but I don't. I have the same bin as @SILVER_ALERT

advertisement
G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500

Mine wont move. I drilled out two holes in the bottom and I think I there were two bolts in the crossmember it rest on that I used to give it a stable mount and keep it off the coolant overflow. Also used some heat on the bottom side to create a bend for the line to go through easily. Always seemed to want to pinch off the overflow otherwise.

Reactions: trigger and 100Acre
L

lil_country

Feb 7, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Very nifty idea. I've just got way too much going on under my hood with the extra lights front and rear, light bar, turn signals, and winch wiring. But the cheap 12 qt. tub also works well for storage in a cramped space. Its been holding tools, a rain suit, gloves, and a tow strap for a year safely.View attachment 43875 View attachment 43876
Glad you mentioned the rain suit. I think I'll throw a couple cheap ponchos in mine.

L

lil_country

Feb 7, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Mine wont move. I drilled out two holes in the bottom and I think I there were two bolts in the crossmember it rest on that I used to give it a stable mount and keep it off the coolant overflow. Also used some heat on the bottom side to create a bend for the line to go through easily. Always seemed to want to pinch off the overflow otherwise.
I better check mine to make sure that overflow is not pinched.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!