P1000 Under seat fans.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok ya’all I thought this post would be to tell ya how I maximized the under seat fan ordeal. But. I will start with the plan. I built a console to sit on floor in middle and was going to use it as a plenum, had vents pointing up and out the sides, sealed it with foam strips between the front of the seat, mounted a reversible 8” fan under the seat with a shroud against the front panel, cut vent holes in panel and thought because this fan moves more cfm’s it would work great as heater in winter and get rid of the heat otherwise. Well... for some reason it works great as a heater but not so good to get rid of unwanted heat. I haven’t given up on this setup yet but I would recommend staying with the bilge fans. So far I have 20$ in everything so not a big loss but am going to build a new console and try to get more air flo.probably end up buying bilge fans. Lol

Reactions: BWAF
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you read this? (Has a ton of good info)

P1000 - Tried and true cab heat fixes-2018

Need pics.

My kids say the fan makes a ton of difference in the back, in the front the only place it gets hot is the center seat up front on mine. Its the plastic at your legs that heats up.

I want to add some vents that I can open and close at the center area that it gets hot. Just haven't had time to look for the vents yet.

TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have two 3” marine fans. Pointing down both sides of motor. Works surprisingly well. You can stand in back and feel the heat blowing back. More details in my build thread.

A3AC9771 EA6A 4A23 8020 AA4822F84E46

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Went riding yesterday all afternoon and it Turns out my switch wasn’t working all the time. Loose wire. When it is working it does pull the heat out. I’m still going to rework the console to get more airflow.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went riding yesterday all afternoon and it Turns out my switch wasn’t working all the time. Loose wire. When it is working it does pull the heat out. I’m still going to rework the console to get more airflow.
I assume you are using a reversible switch that sucks heat out from engine to heat the cab, or blows cool air past the engine? You mention not cooling very well, Is your fan a reversible model?

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I assume you are using a reversible switch that sucks heat out from engine to heat the cab, or blows cool air past the engine? You mention not cooling very well, Is your fan a reversible model?
Yes it is and I am using a 2 position switch.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most DC fan motors are reversible but if it’s a curved face fan blade it won’t push and pull air at same CFM due to the curvature of the blade so it’s more a question of the blade than motor

Reactions: BigOL3
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Most DC fan motors are reversible but if it’s a curved face fan blade it won’t push and pull air at same CFM due to the curvature of the blade so it’s more a question of the blade than motor
Blades are not curved. The curved blades usually push more cfm’s than the straight blade fans and I debated going that route and not reversing but thought that extra heat would be good in winter plus the 8” fan moved a lot more cfm than the bilge fans so I figured it would work both ways.

H

Hp1

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 20, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Blades are not curved. The curved blades usually push more cfm’s than the straight blade fans and I debated going that route and not reversing but thought that extra heat would be good in winter plus the 8” fan moved a lot more cfm than the bilge fans so I figured it would work both ways.

H

Hp1

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 20, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put the 8" fan in a few weeks ago. Found these vents on amazon. Installed brackets (which i have extras, if anybody wants) so i can turn the fan 180° for winter/summer. So far, it works only ok for pushing warm air into the cab. I had higher hopes. Hopefully come summer it'll do a decent job with pushing heat back out 🤞.

20200304 174446 20200304 174429 20200226 182337 HDR

Reactions: TripleB
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!