Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am curious if bigger dealers are still receiving inventory. I have not seen any new models at my dealer for about 2 months.

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The local Dealer I'm close to here in NW IL just got a white P1K3 in this weekend that I'm talking with him about and sending him pictures of my trade. He also has a Red Deluxe, Orange and Camo.

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
I'm in northern Indiana and the dealer here has got a white and red 1000-3. He told me they don't always get what they order.(color) He was able to change one that he had on order to get me my camo 3.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got a call from my dealer he said he had a white one coming in and wanted to know if I wanted it. He did tell me that it was a California model meaning it had 600 lb springs instead of 1000lb. springs. I decided to wait for the 1000lb model as I want maximum use out of this machine.

I

Ichybod

Apr 25, 2015
Tucson, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I just got a call from my dealer he said he had a white one coming in and wanted to know if I wanted it. He did tell me that it was a California model meaning it had 600 lb springs instead of 1000lb. springs. I decided to wait for the 1000lb model as I want maximum use out of this machine.
Wait a minute! California only allows 600lb springs vs. 1000lbs??? Hmm, wonder what reasoning there is for that. Maybe the added weight of the heavier springs adds to the degradation of the environment?! (I hope that's not right.)

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had no idea there were 2 different models of springs. They advertise the 1000lb, not that I would ever use it fully, but it is the model I ordered and will wait until April.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unit update:
My dealer just put 4-5 1000's but none are Deluxes. All have steel wheels, both 3 and 5 passenger.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wait a minute! California only allows 600lb springs vs. 1000lbs??? Hmm, wonder what reasoning there is for that. Maybe the added weight of the heavier springs adds to the degradation of the environment?! (I hope that's not right.)
They do it for safety reasons because of handling to cover themselves in a sue happy state. I'm sure some of the liberals that live there think it's harder on the environment and causes global warming too haha

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They do it for safety reasons because of handling to cover themselves in a sue happy state. I'm sure some of the liberals that live there think it's harder on the environment and causes global warming too haha
I just talked to him again over lunch. He really wants me to consider one and says California classifies any vehicle over 600 lb springs as light truck. I think I will stick with my original purchase plan but will go look at it and see.

H

HondaTech

We've got any color of any model they make in the 1000s with more arriving about every two weeks. 700's are getting scarce and 500s are in stock with no idea in when I'll get another.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've got any color of any model they make in the 1000s with more arriving about every two weeks. 700's are getting scarce and 500s are in stock with no idea in when I'll get another.
I was getting weak but I just need to stick with my order or ill kick myself. If by May and they cant get mine i have no trouble driving days to get one. Glad to here you have some.

H

HondaTech

All together we have maybe 40 SXS in stock atm. It's a chore packing all of them in our warehouse at the end of the day, along with the Goldwing recalls and general customer work. We've really been suprised how many 700s have sold since the 1000s arrived. But I guess sticker shock makes the 700 seem like a deal.

Reactions: Stauvo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!