P500 Update on the 17 p500

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
They started rippin on my green @Shadesmn, couldn't just sit there and take that.
I actually like all the Honda colors...except the red! :p
Hey not that Honda red needs defending, but the first early release info I ever got on the p500 was probably the best ad ever. It was comparing the new sxs shifting to that of my dream Red ride...Ferrari. Clearly not in the speed aspect, but damn, you say Ferrari shifting style and Honda together to me and I'm basically first in line when it came out to check it out. And obviously get fully hooked and buy one. :) if not for the camo, I'd still be red all the way. Even if I tossed around the idea of green too..

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
They did fine.. I have 26x9x12's on all four corners and hopefully will have my aluminum 5+2 wheels soon. It's a little too narrow with the stock wheels in my opinion..
do some 2"spacers
that's wat I'm gonna do

Reactions: JTW
H

HondaTech

I rode the one and only 17 model we got in the other day. If I had the money, I'm sold on the 500 now. The paddle shift is fun, but I always wanted to just be able to put the thing in gear and go without shifting. Plus, just like the P1K you can shift on the fly even in auto mode. They also don't wail as much in reverse, the small gearing change made a huge difference imo. Id love to have one.

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
J

Jshell3

They also don't wail as much in reverse, the small gearing change made a huge difference imo.

Yes, on the reverse gear! My brother backed mine up across the driveway to give me a lift... When I sat down, he said, "Wow, why would you want such a slow bike?" The low gear reverse is needed when you're stuck in a mud hole. But the other 99% of the time, you just need to go backwards... I wish reverse was geared more like 2nd gear, instead of "L"

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, on the reverse gear! My brother backed mine up across the driveway to give me a lift... When I sat down, he said, "Wow, why would you want such a slow bike?" The low gear reverse is needed when you're stuck in a mud hole. But the other 99% of the time, you just need to go backwards... I wish reverse was geared more like 2nd gear, instead of "L"
Yeah but you probably don't plow much snow. Which is the main time that's a concern.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I rode the one and only 17 model we got in the other day. If I had the money, I'm sold on the 500 now. The paddle shift is fun, but I always wanted to just be able to put the thing in gear and go without shifting. Plus, just like the P1K you can shift on the fly even in auto mode. They also don't wail as much in reverse, the small gearing change made a huge difference imo. Id love to have one.
Well, how long does a Honda SxS last? That's how long I'll have my 15 model. By then, who knows what a 50" Honda SxS will be like. Just too many mods to turn back now, lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!