Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You really like the 700 though ?
The 2017 700 is probably better with the manual mode for trail riding. But yes, it's nice, and will be fine for working out of. The three speed automatic transmission is really cool. It doesn't have the problem with heat coming through the seat that the P5 does, and it's pretty quiet. I hate the cup holders location and will be doing something about that.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
JTW, what do you think of those Bighorns on the stock wheels?

Reactions: JTW
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Mudman seems to approve of the auto mode.

Only a matter of time before he posts a video of how it does "in the butter" I assume.
That automatic downshift seems like it would be annoying. Does it really do that in manual mode as well?

J

JTW

JTW, what do you think of those Bighorns on the stock wheels?
They did fine.. I have 26x9x12's on all four corners and hopefully will have my aluminum 5+2 wheels soon. It's a little too narrow with the stock wheels in my opinion..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No one ended up with the pea soup green! ;)
My dealer has one out there but it's such a hideous green. Duck s***, not pea soup. Can't imagine anyone wants it.

Reactions: JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I actually would take it way b4 the old Olive Drab. Never could figure out how that color was so popular.
I don't like it either.

advertisement
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I hadn't gotten a good look at the new green until I saw the video mudman did. I agree, it is pretty horrible for a green. At least the old green was like an army green, but I was always Honda red on atvs, and now camo, cuz camo is awesome. At least as long as it lasts.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I hear ya. Man, we're gonna get some flack for sayin it :D

They stopped making it because it was cutting into their camo sales. When I bought mine, there was only one in the state and the dealer wouldn't come off of it. The day I bought mine I told the sales guy that I was just looking and pricing them, unless he could find me a green one, I'd buy it on the spot. He had one shipped in from Ohio.
I would've preferred black but it's still better than that pea green...or red. ;)

Reactions: rocmar and JTW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They stopped making it because it was cutting into their camo sales. When I bought mine, there was only one in the state and the dealer wouldn't come off of it. The day I bought mine I told the sales guy that I was just looking and pricing them, unless he could find me a green one, I'd buy it on the spot. He had one shipped in from Ohio.
I would've preferred black but it's still better than that pea green...or red. ;)
"Or Red"??? Dude!!!! Honda red.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
They stopped making it because it was cutting into their camo sales.
I could see that being the case. Army green still blends in a bit out in the woods. I caught hell for years for being on red machines when we are hunting from my brothers. Almost went green, but really wanted camo so I just bit the bullet and paid the premium for it.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Come on @trigger, Honda red is sacred. That's like a desecration of some kind to poo poo it. :)

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They started rippin on my green @Shadesmn, couldn't just sit there and take that.
I actually like all the Honda colors...except the red! :p
Dude, nobodies rippin on your green! I thought you had the old green, not that duck s*** new green. Besides, your wife told me you like the Red Wasp!!!

Reactions: trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!