P500 Update on the 17 p500

J

JTW

I stopped by the dealer today while I was in town.. Dealer is an hour away from me. My buddy's was there and I drove it.. It's pretty sweet. I didn't like the new seat belt feature as it's not just that it has to be buckled but the drivers buckle is now a metal bracket vs the floppy style like on the 16's and the passenger side of the 17.. some alteration will need to be done to get it out of the way now since you can't just tuck it in. Mine didn't come in today. They received a truck but mine wasn't on it.. He supposedly called the trucking company and they're released to ship but my dealer has 6 trailers of machines waiting to be hauled. The lady he talked to said it should be Wednsday or Thursday... gerrrr!! I handled that fine.. My buddy showed up and we rode around and played with his some more. I like the manual auto down shift feature.. Tramsmission shifts well and allows a good rpm before shifting. I do think it rides better but we were on blacktop around the dealership so we'll see this weekend in the trail. The seatbelt having to be bucked or it won't do over 14 was annoying as well as the actual receiver shaft being solid are my main issues.. but a work around can happen with an extra buckle and maybe just some wiring.

I was about to leave and asked about my wheels and tires (of which I ordered with the pioneer) he said I'd have to ask the other guy that handles that. So I walk in and ask... he tells me they're on backorder... that's when I blew the f*ck up!! They may not have control on the Honda side but they sure as s*** could have said something to me on the wheels and tires. I could have ordered the f*cking things from Amazon for he same money and had them actually waiting. I was pissed and said I had better have the set off wheels and tires I ordered on it when I pick it up! That's the abbreviated version of the convo.. There was a lot more cursing and dissatisfaction expressed. They got my point though!

Anyway.. The new p500 is awesome. I probably wouldn't trade a 16 in for it but there are some nice features this time as there are a couple saftey features that would need to be addressed. You do have to use the paddle shifter to put it into drive, neutral and reverse when in auto mode. I was curious how they'd address that.

Any questions class?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@JTW i know you got a picture of this supposed happeningo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O. Lol. But seriously I'm getting excited for you! You have been more than patient with your dealer! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you! If it comes in run it stock on your planned ride so you will appreciate the mods that much more.;)

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
LOL... Are you sure you actually ordered one? I did not have your luck with Honda and getting mine but a few years ago the wife and I ordered our first travel trailer.. The salesman continued to call me by and incorrect name even after correcting him 20 times. They 2 months later our trailer comes in and it is not even close to what we ordered. I was pissed... We also were buying my wife a new Acadia from the car dealership they also owned and I told them were they could stick the car after the issues with the trailer. I went and bought the car from elsewhere and we found the trailer we wanted at another local dealer never have been back to that place.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@JTW i know you got a picture of this supposed happeningo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O. Lol. But seriously I'm getting excited for you! You have been more than patient with your dealer! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you! If it comes in run it stock on your planned ride so you will appreciate the mods that much more.;)

That's a really good idea on the virgin ride. I wonder if people have been getting injured when the P-5 rolls because they're not wearing a seatbelt. Maybe that's why you can't exceed 14 mph without it secured.

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
J

JTW

I meant to take pics and forgot.. Yeah, I think so too. I realize much of it hasn't been their fault, but the damn wheels and tires are completly their fault. He's saying bighorn originals are on backorder.. I call bulls***! And even so.. let a guy know when he's called one of the 20 times over the last 2 months, so he can make other arrangements. Why wait until 2 days before his trip when there is no other option to get them in time and only then when I asked!

J

JTW

LOL... Are you sure you actually ordered one? I did not have your luck with Honda and getting mine but a few years ago the wife and I ordered our first travel trailer.. The salesman continued to call me by and incorrect name even after correcting him 20 times. They 2 months later our trailer comes in and it is not even close to what we ordered. I was pissed... We also were buying my wife a new Acadia from the car dealership they also owned and I told them were they could stick the car after the issues with the trailer. I went and bought the car from elsewhere and we found the trailer we wanted at another local dealer never have been back to that place.
No kidding.. I'm in sales and I just don't get it!

J

JTW

That's a really good idea on the virgin ride. I wonder if people have been getting injured when the P-5 rolls because they're not wearing a seatbelt. Maybe that's why you can't exceed 14 mph without it secured.
EVERYTHING is going that way.. all the Hondas and other brands as well. I think it's some new government saftey BS!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
EVERYTHING is going that way.. all the Hondas and other brands as well. I think it's some new government saftey BS!
I just bought a new 700 today, and it doesn't.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
I'll bet someone will figure out how to override the seat belt feature to trick the P5 into thinking a belt is plugged in.

Maybe you could just order '16 belt parts and swap them out with the 17's you get floppy buckles back.

advertisement
J

JTW

I'll bet someone will figure out how to override the seat belt feature to trick the P5 into thinking a belt is plugged in.

Maybe you could just order '16 belt parts and swap them out with the 17's you get floppy buckles back.
That's my plan.. it just bolts on. If it can't just be wired together. I'll order a buckle and plug in it and put it under the seat then just bolt a floppy one on.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I feel ya on the salesmen being full of s##t. Not on my machine but had the same problems getting my plow setup that I purchased "with" my machine. Bought it in the spring so I was willing to wait for parts to come in as long as it was installed by winter last year. Long story short, lots and lots of calls and being told soon, I had to go around him right to the vendor and get the real story before i got the true situation and eventually get it sorted out. Sucks even more that it's on the whole machine itself though..

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I feel ya on the salesmen being full of s##t. Not on my machine but had the same problems getting my plow setup that I purchased "with" my machine. Bought it in the spring so I was willing to wait for parts to come in as long as it was installed by winter last year. Long story short, lots and lots of calls and being told soon, I had to go around him right to the vendor and get the real story before i got the true situation and eventually get it sorted out. Sucks even more that it's on the whole machine itself though..
Tell me about it.. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the trip. But I made that CRYSTAL clear when I ordered it. You would at least think, given the situation, they'd have the damn wheels and tires ready! That's just f'n stupid!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That's my plan.. it just bolts on. If it can't just be wired together. I'll order a buckle and plug in it and put it under the seat then just bolt a floppy one on.
Could just wire up a bypass using toggle switch and standard relay and still have the safety feature if anyone other than yourself rode...kids???o_O

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Tell me about it.. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the trip. But I made that CRYSTAL clear when I ordered it. You would at least think, given the situation, they'd have the damn wheels and tires ready! That's just f'n stupid!
Yeah the wheels and tires is totally bs. They should have a couple resources for those I'd think just to add some diversity in selection and availability for people. Especially if they don't keep any in stock.. Very poor planning on their part. After my experience with the plow parts, I won't bother with sales anymore, I go right to the parts manager and then I know the stuff I want is correct and we are on the same page. Eliminate the middle man so to speak.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Could just wire up a bypass using toggle switch and standard relay and still have the safety feature if anyone other than yourself rode...kids???o_O
I'm thinking it can be simply wired together. The kids I'm not worried about. (That sounds bad, huh?)

J

JTW

Yeah the wheels and tires is totally bs. They should have a couple resources for those I'd think just to add some diversity in selection and availability for people. Especially if they don't keep any in stock.. Very poor planning on their part. After my experience with the plow parts, I won't bother with sales anymore, I go right to the parts manager and then I know the stuff I want is correct and we are on the same page. Eliminate the middle man so to speak.
I agree.. the manager is who I've talked to on the machine the other boy handles the wheels and tires. I'm not impressed. I know the owner well and he'll hear about it!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!