Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Come on @Montecresto you can't just leave us hanging! Let's see ito_O
Haha, haven't even taken a picture yet. No power steering, but it feels like it has power steering, wonder why the P5 isn't that smooth. And the trany, too cool. 3 speed and shifts just like a turbo 350 lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
J

Jshell3

That's my plan.. it just bolts on. If it can't just be wired together. I'll order a buckle and plug in it and put it under the seat then just bolt a floppy one on.
I pulled the buckles out of my 500, day one. You can have them if you want to try @JTW

IMG 2118

J

Jshell3

EVERYTHING is going that way.. all the Hondas and other brands as well. I think it's some new government saftey BS!
Jam a penny in the buckle and tuck it behind the seat... I hear that's what they do on CanAm.

Reactions: JTW
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Haha, haven't even taken a picture yet. No power steering, but it feels like it has power steering, wonder why the P5 isn't that smooth. And the trany, too cool. 3 speed and shifts just like a turbo 350 lol.
That's exactly my observation with the Honda 3 speed autos. The 700's are very nice, and very reliable as well. I'm sure you're going to like it. My friend has had one for a few years and he still loves it. He lives on a private road about 3/4 mile long and uses the 700 to maintain it. I just finally talked him into ordering some Kenda Bearclaw HTR's with STI wheels....I'll post a pic when we bolt them on. I'm sure it will be a beast. We were riding down the road the other night in it, and his speedo hit 44 mph - so its WAY faster than the 500!!! hahaha

Reactions: Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's exactly my observation with the Honda 3 speed autos. The 700's are very nice, and very reliable as well. I'm sure you're going to like it. My friend has had one for a few years and he still loves it. He lives on a private road about 3/4 mile long and uses the 700 to maintain it. I just finally talked him into ordering some Kenda Bearclaw HTR's with STI wheels....I'll post a pic when we bolt them on. I'm sure it will be a beast. We were riding down the road the other night in it, and his speedo hit 44 mph - so its WAY faster than the 500!!! hahaha
That's good to know. It's not just faster over all, but off the line it's incredible. I can't imagine what the 1000 must be like!!! I wonder what the deal is with the steering. I test drove it, and bought it believing it had ps, only as I was leaving did it come up and I was told no ps. I don't understand why the P5 doesn't steer like that?? The cup holders are low in the door, don't much care for that, otherwise it seems nice. I'm taking it to my New Mexico property this morning and will be leaving it there. Tired of trailering the P5 back and forth, and being concerned about it on the trailer, 600+ miles one way.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That's good to know. It's not just faster over all, but off the line it's incredible. I can't imagine what the 1000 must be like!!! I wonder what the deal is with the steering. I test drove it, and bought it believing it had ps, only as I was leaving did it come up and I was told no ps. I don't understand why the P5 doesn't steer like that?? The cup holders are low in the door, don't much care for that, otherwise it seems nice. I'm taking it to my New Mexico property this morning and will be leaving it there. Tired of trailering the P5 back and forth, and being concerned about it on the trailer, 600+ miles one way.
You will also like how the oil filter change works.... One bolt pulls the cover off (12mm I think), and it has a larger filter. But to get to the drain bolt you have to remove 4 little bolts to get a stupid little plate out of the way. The cover broke on my friend's...only has 2 bolts holding it on. Probably not even necessary to have it there. But we still don't believe you have one... cuz, you know........... ;)

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You will also like how the oil filter change works.... One bolt pulls the cover off (12mm I think), and it has a larger filter. But to get to the drain bolt you have to remove 4 little bolts to get a stupid little plate out of the way. The cover broke on my friend's...only has 2 bolts holding it on. Probably not even necessary to have it there. But we still don't believe you have one... cuz, you know........... ;)
Glad to hear that about the oil filter. The filler tube sure is easy. I brought it home last night and tarped it for the long drive today, that's as good as you get for now. :)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 1k will go sideways on dry pavement from a dead stop in 2wd lock. On wet pavement, it's a drift car

J

JTW

The 1k will go sideways on dry pavement from a dead stop in 2wd lock. On wet pavement, it's a drift car
If it's got that much power and low end torque how in the hell do some of these guys have issues with them driving slow as a work machine?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it's got that much power and low end torque how in the hell do some of these guys have issues with them driving slow as a work machine?
Because creeping along slips the clutches. Just like a car, slipping the clutch creates a lot of heat, heat kills clutches. Stomping on it locks the clutch nearly immediately, causing no slip, and no heat.

J

JTW

Because creeping along slips the clutches. Just like a car, slipping the clutch creates a lot of heat, heat kills clutches. Stomping on it locks the clutch nearly immediately, causing no slip, and no heat.
Makes sense..

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
On your forward/neutral/reverse comment, can you clarify? Is the pull lever still required for reverse? or is that gone on the new model? I'm also very interested on how the new shocks ride on rough ground.

C

Chooglin

On your forward/neutral/reverse comment, can you clarify? Is the pull lever still required for reverse? or is that gone on the new model? I'm also very interested on how the new shocks ride on rough ground.
I second this comment.

J

JTW

The pull lever is still there.. think of the auto version just like a car. Only you use the paddles to shift and not a lever. Once you're in drive it shifts on its own. When you switch the switch from auto to manual you're in 1st in manual or D in auto. When you're in manual and come to a sudden stop it even shifts down automatically for you.

From what I could tell the ride seemed softer just around the parking lot, up the road and through some ditches.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Tarps taken a hell of a beating in just the first couple hundred miles lol.

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!