P1000 Updates

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After waiting a few months for my turn (parts.....), scheduled to drop my 1000-3 tomorrow. Know of the clutch an cabin “comfort” updates. Is there an exhaust heat shield update for a 2017 also? Anything I need to watch out for when I get it back?

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dangerous when the dealer reminds you free shipping. Ordered hard rear panel, got 10% off. Hope to get all three updates done an finish installing several mod parts in the closet.

Reactions: THEOLDMAN and BWAF
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 16 is supposed to be ready tomorrow, I dropped it off Saturday for the three updates.

Reactions: Tuco69 and BWAF

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
After waiting a few months for my turn (parts.....), scheduled to drop my 1000-3 tomorrow. Know of the clutch an cabin “comfort” updates. Is there an exhaust heat shield update for a 2017 also? Anything I need to watch out for when I get it back?
The most common problem I see is a serious one. Keep a close eye on your engine oil pressure (I know...it's an idiot light only). There is a common issue of the tech not including o-rings during the rebuild that are crucial to maintaining oil pressure which may lead to premature engine failure. I'm waiting until the end of the recall period to have mine done so hopefully the tech will have a few guinea pigs under his belt.

Reactions: BWAF and Tuco69
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I picked mine up today and rode it for about 15 minutes. It seems there is less delay in the shifts and less clunk too. It's smoother taking off and starting to backing up. Also before if mine was in low range when I stopped slowly it felt like the clutch didn't want to disengage, that's gone now. The jury is still out on the heat fix and I had no issues with my muffler cover.

My only complaint is they didn't clean the oil out of the skid (factory) pan and there is oil all over my trailer and on the front of my machine. I tow it backwards on the trailer.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got it back today. So far it does seem to shift smother. Don’t know about heat relief. Guess muffler shield recall was needed. Like the hard rear panel. Now on to installing the switch plate, connect battery tender port, volt meters for both batteries, choose an order a wench. Is it ever done?

Reactions: BWAF and Koda
Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Also picked up a trailer to haul it with. I have a dual axle equipment trailer for the tractors, a dual enclosed I hauled the Harley’s that are for sale that isn’t tall enough for the 1000 an two utilities that weren’t wide enough wide for it or the grasshopper mower an got tired of borrowing one from my buddy that keeps one at his farm next door. Had a neighbor once that said “you must like trailers “, I didn’t say anything, he wouldn’t understand....

Last edited:
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dangerous when the dealer reminds you free shipping. Ordered hard rear panel, got 10% off. Hope to get all three updates done an finish installing several mod parts in the closet.
I have a bunch that needs to be installed myself if I can get off work long enough.

Reactions: Tuco69
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also picked up a trailer to haul it with. I have a dual axle equipment trailer for the tractors, a dual enclosed I hauled the Harley’s that are for sale that isn’t tall enough for the 1000 an two utilities that weren’t wide enough wide for it or the grasshopper mower an got tired of borrowing one from my buddy that keeps one at his farm next door. Had a neighbor once that said “you must like trailers “, I didn’t say anything, he wouldn’t understand....
I just purchased a trailer also, got tired of borrowing one( was told once " If you need anything more than 3 times go buy it") so I got a 18' car/equipment trailer.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!