Utah trip with our P5

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just some clips, some of the fun stuff. I know very little about vid editing. Skid plate is worth every cent in Moab. Also had stock tires (to fit in 50" trails in Marysvale, didnt need them though) wish I had brought the big wheels and tires. They will be on there next year for sure.

Man that is beautiful country....definitely on my bucket list.

Reactions: JCMINIS and BWAF
C

Chooglin

Hells Gate....Right up to the point where I smashed the go pro. When you see the sun, the only thing that kept us from going over backwards was the trailer hitch. Handy piece of equipment lol. It took me a few attempts but made it out. Afterwards, watched a few wider machines(razors,etc) and it seemed a bit easier for something wider than 50". I aint gonna lie......Im a 6'4" big ole farm boy and I was scared as hell. The misses had her eyes closed for most of it.

You sir , have got some big Kahunas. I don't know if I could get myself to climb that one.

Do you have the locker installed?

J

JTW

It is in the Slick rock riding area. It was 5 bucks to get in, had hells gate, slick rock and tons of other sandy,rocky trails. We rode there 2 days and didnt see all the trails. Pretty sure we will be moving to moab with in the next few years.
I request a place with a enough parking for an enclosed trailer and a few trees to tie our hammocks off!

JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
You sir , have got some big Kahunas. I don't know if I could get myself to climb that one.

Do you have the locker installed?

Haha, No! Stock P5 other than windsheild and roof. Locker is in the works though ! I think if I had our larger aftermarket (i toook off for Marysvale) wheels/tires I could have made it up that way though.

J

JTW

There was plenty of parking but no trees !
I’m talking about the place you move to... I’m well aware of the lack of trees.. it was a struggle for us to find a place to hang ours. And we did the hells revenge trail but I don’t recall seeing hells gate..

Reactions: BWAF and JCMINIS
RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Wow I need to go out west ! You just don't see that kind of landscape on the east coast.
I'm in Colorado/Utah area, and have ridden 20 days in the last 90, and every one of them in a different place....Spectacular scenery with fall colors, plenty of difficult and easy rides. I've been observing the riding in the Appalachian trails....think I'll stay here.

Riding season is going to be over here at higher elevation soon....darn....guess we'll just have to go to New Mexico and Arizona....come on down the weather is great....and a different ride every day! BTW, I love my newly installed glove box.

JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
I'm in Colorado/Utah area, and have ridden 20 days in the last 90, and every one of them in a different place....Spectacular scenery with fall colors, plenty of difficult and easy rides. I've been observing the riding in the Appalachian trails....think I'll stay here.

Riding season is going to be over here at higher elevation soon....darn....guess we'll just have to go to New Mexico and Arizona....come on down the weather is great....and a different ride every day! BTW, I love my newly installed glove box.

I didnt like the "part" of clorado we drove through (Denver) to much traffic. Insane amount of traffic between say Denver and Vail.... However we are making plans to move out that way in the next few years. Moab a bit to pricey, so maybe Monticello area. Beautiful place you live in ! No where near the riding here as you have out there. Some good trail yes, but not near as much.

advertisement
C

Chooglin

I really hope to make a trip out there within the next 3 yrs.

Curious to know , how would it be hauling a camper through these mountains (Denver to Grand junction) are there many long steep hill climbs ?

Screenshot 2018 10 03 12 15 09

Glad you're liking the glove box !

JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
I really hope to make a trip out there within the next 3 yrs.

Curious to know , how would it be hauling a camper through these mountains (Denver to Grand junction) are there many long steep hill climbs ?

View attachment 89167

Glad you're liking the glove box !
I would have pulled my 40ft throuh there no problem. However there are several long climbs and decents.

Reactions: BWAF and Chooglin
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I-70 in Colorado.

Set the cruise control back when you hit the grade.
I was set at 70 towing a 17’ box (8.5’ wide and 6” extra hight).
On the hill I could hold 70 but the temp started to go up so I dropped the speed back and no issue.
It’s an advantage to have the cars go around you than the other way around.

Plan to avoid rush hour.
The worker bees can not afford to live on the hill so they commute.
There is a solid line of working class people flowing off both sides in the afternoon.
Also there is heavy traffic in to Denver in the morning, the rich people live on the hill and work in Denver.

Plan you gas stops on the hill.
The little community’s on the hill think very highly of themselves.
The freeway off ramps have roundabouts and the gas stations do not have big signs.
Don’t plan on seeing diesel just anywhere.

There are a few rest areas but don’t be fooled by the visitor information signs.
We pulled off and got caught up in towing purgatory.
Couldn’t stop or turnaround.
Everything on the hill along I-70 is geared for skiing or separating a tourist from there cash.

As far as the road and steep grades go it’s very manageable.
Having a turbo knocks the 11,200 foot elevation of the Ike tunnel down to size.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!