L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Duratrac Duratrac Been busy last 3 weeks working on a new (to me) Jeep.
tow plate and brake kit is installed. Lift kit /shocks are in the mail.

Gonna buy some new rubber after it get everything else done.

Last mud/snow tires were KO's. Liked the look, they road quiet and performed well. Only complaint is that they wore faster than advertised. Soft and grippy doesn't last but that was TireRack's ratings.
1/2 the tread was gone after 18k miles. Proper rotation and psi at all times. Not sure I could have used them at 40k much less 50k miles.

Duratrac's get nearly the same rating but $50/tire cheaper. Price isn't the #1 priority but if they are as quiet and last as long, I am happy to take the 200 and put it somewhere else.

So, anyone have experience with these or something similar? Ko2

Last edited:
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I've read the Duratraks wear fairly quickly as well. I've had 3 sets of Cooper AT3s that I was happy with and currently have Falken Wildpeak at3w's that have been great so far.

Reactions: L2R
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
i looked at the Falkens. Looks like a good tire but doesn't seem to be any in the size I want on any site.
thanks and guess I will keep looking.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Idk if you are set on an AT but I have been running general grabber x3’s for a year and they have been great. Super deep tread. Great in mud and surprisingly good in the snow. I expected it to be dangerous running 35” mt tires in snow but they are unbelievably good. Almost 20k on them and they are not noticeably worn. Also ran into a metal culvert that was hidden in weeds and no issue. Also, they look awesome. Very quiet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have owned almost every tire you have spoke of so far. I am now running the Nitto Ridge grapplers and they are my new favorite. I have 40k miles on them with 9/32" tread left. I would easily estimate 50-60k miles total. They are a cross between mud and all terrain and also have little road noise. Take a look at them and read some reviews.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I had Duratracs on a Dakota. Traction everywhere was really good. They did have a pretty good hum going down the road and sounded like a mud tire when stopping. I gave the truck to a family member and the next time I saw it and the fronts were completely shot from not being rotated. I'm guessing no more than 5k miles on the tires and I rebuilt the front end and aligned it before the new tires. I've got the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 3/4 ton and I would say they are the worst tire I've ever bought. I had them road force balanced after 2 regular balances and alignments. Brand new denali. 1 was 50 something lbs out of balance, 1 39lbs, 1 34 lbs and the other was like 12 lbs. They replaced the 2 worst and was a lot better but still not right. They flat spot under 65 psi and sounded and rode like a mud tire but got a little better after 5k miles. They look awesome though...

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Running KO2's on a 4Runner and Avalanche... wearing great on the 4Runner but not quite as well on the Avy. They've been rotated at the same rate and I believe the 4Runner has more miles on them. Had Nitto Terra Grapplers on the Avy before the KO's and they were loud and wore fast.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!