P1000 utv 801

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the design but it came out way after I bought my Honda windshield and I would check with them but I think it is only compatible with a MANUAL wiper.
I called them they told me it could work with a electric wiper.Just had to drill another hole but im ok with the manuel one

Reactions: Lady01 and sharp
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at that site, their windshield only tips out at the bottom. From my experience, the flip up is a much better design. Generally, you want the windshield either all the way up of all the way down...and if you are in dusty conditions, that thing will be a dust monster.

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at that site, their windshield only tips out at the bottom. From my experience, the flip up is a much better design. Generally, you want the windshield either all the way up of all the way down...and if you are in dusty conditions, that thing will be a dust monster.
I had a ryfab with same design on a teryx.it was great half open let plenty air in very few times did I open it all the way out really works better the honda hard coat all ways blew air right in my eyes.ryfab doesn't make one for the pioneer I like this because it has dual zone climate control lol.really it put a lot more air in than you would thank I keep the back window on all year no dust

Reactions: Lady01
M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the design but it came out way after I bought my Honda windshield and I would check with them but I think it is only compatible with a MANUAL wiper.
I talked to the owner of the company. he said all I had to do to put a electric wiper was to drill another hole and it would mount up

J

Joseph16p3

Nov 15, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-3
47B9B9CD 0DB9 4FC0 A3E4 676475B381A9

Just installed my new Utv801 glass windshield. Seems to be of good quality and the owner Fred was good to deal with. Took me about 45 minutes to install myself. The only thing is I wouldn’t suggest the manual wiper that Utv801 sells with windshield very low quality. Hopefully it works as intended but doesn’t look like it will last long

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 108005

Just installed my new Utv801 glass windshield. Seems to be of good quality and the owner Fred was good to deal with. Took me about 45 minutes to install myself. The only thing is I wouldn’t suggest the manual wiper that Utv801 sells with windshield very low quality. Hopefully it works as intended but doesn’t look like it will last long
love my window from them. Fred a super guy and the wipers will do a ok job for what it is

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 108005

Looks good and you got the right color! And just so you know... all Freds are great to deal with!

FredD

Reactions: Lady01 and Joker 02
golden

golden

Feb 5, 2018
Saratoga Springs
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you all for the kind words. We are in the process of developing a cover for your windshield while towing or on those frosted mornings to keep the frost off. Looking for your thoughts. Thank you again Fred Mower
IMG 0963

Reactions: Lady01 and Dezrik
advertisement
Fastbuck101

Fastbuck101

Dec 8, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at these too, seems like a good design. All the benefits of a glass shield and still can let some air in. I bought a 700 last year, and as I figured, really wanted the 1000. Sooo. Y'all know what I did. Question: The electric wiper for the 700 is quite a bit cheaper than the one for the 1000. Is there a difference, or is Honda just marking it up cause they can? I want to reuse my old one, if possible. I know I'll have to drill another hole, no biggie.

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have that same windshield. I installed dual electric wipers. I chopped my top approximately 4 inches and I was able to cut the top frame down and still remount the electric motors. I will say that it is good quality and the vents work really good, however the dust that it creates in the cab and the heat during the summer is cause for it to be removed during the hotter months.
20181027 174308

Fastbuck101

Fastbuck101

Dec 8, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have that same windshield. I installed dual electric wipers. I chopped my top approximately 4 inches and I was able to cut the top frame down and still remount the electric motors. I will say that it is good quality and the vents work really good, however the dust that it creates in the cab and the heat during the summer is cause for it to be removed during the hotter months.View attachment 112041
I put in the fabric mid panel, hopefully that will cut down on the dust. Nice looking wiper setup you have, were did you source them?

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put in the fabric mid panel, hopefully that will cut down on the dust. Nice looking wiper setup you have, were did you source them?

Pacific powertrain.
All you need to do is run 2 separate relays, 1 for each motor but trigger off the same switch. That way they park when you shut them off because they will get out of synch. Way cheaper then a single Honda wiper system. I made a pattern with 1/4 inch board made the size of the windshield and drilled holes to mount the motors so I could get the sweep to happen in the right place. Arms are adjustable in length to dial it in. I think it was 120 degree is what I set the motors to, as they are adjustable too.
Screenshot 20190303 101100

Fastbuck101

Fastbuck101

Dec 8, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pacific powertrain.
All you need to do is run 2 separate relays, 1 for each motor but trigger off the same switch. That way they park when you shut them off because they will get out of synch. Way cheaper then a single Honda wiper system. I made a pattern with 1/4 inch board made the size of the windshield and drilled holes to mount the motors so I could get the sweep to happen in the right place. Arms are adjustable in length to dial it in. I think it was 120 degree is what I set the motors to, as they are adjustable too.
View attachment 112069
Thanks for the info! 1 more accessory to add, does it ever end??

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the info! 1 more accessory to add, does it ever end??
No problem! And no it doesn't seem to. Let me know if you end up getting them and I can make some measurements to get you close to where the holes need to be.

Fastbuck101

Fastbuck101

Dec 8, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problem! And no it doesn't seem to. Let me know if you end up getting them and I can make some measurements to get you close to where the holes need to be.
Thanks, I appreciate that. Just checked their website, and they're out of stock on the motors right now. Oh well, got a new winch bumper coming this week. That put a hole in the slush fund.......

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I appreciate that. Just checked their website, and they're out of stock on the motors right now. Oh well, got a new winch bumper coming this week. That put a hole in the slush fund.......
Just checked to see if I could source it from somewhere else. Here you go for future reference... It is the 1.5 inch long shaft FYI
Screenshot 20190303 192900

T

TrailBlazer1000

Sep 7, 2019
Freeland, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 108005

It looks like you have a OEM hard top on your machine. How was the fit with your UTV 801 windshield? I currently have that windshield and I am looking at getting the OEM hard top just wanted to know how it fit. Any gaps on the top corners? Did the roof lay flat on the roll bars with the windshield brackets? Thanks in advance.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!