P1000 utv 801

M

markc

May 31, 2017
eastern kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
un
It looks like you have a OEM hard top on your machine. How was the fit with your UTV 801 windshield? I currently have that windshield and I am looking at getting the OEM hard top just wanted to know how it fit. Any gaps on the top corners? Did the roof lay flat on the roll bars with the windshield brackets? Thanks in advance.
[/QUOTe there a big gap between the oem roof and his window

Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at that site, their windshield only tips out at the bottom. From my experience, the flip up is a much better design. Generally, you want the windshield either all the way up of all the way down...and if you are in dusty conditions, that thing will be a dust monster.
Tested my 801UTV w/s last week and it worked great. No dust accumulation, lots of air coming over the top (oem roof) and open vents. Temps only in the high 60's so I'll have to wait for the final verdict when the temps are in the low 100's. Didn't have to clean windshield all day.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a big gap between top of windshield frame and roof. Not a problem for riding here, but I wanted to get rid of the dust accumulation on the inside and outside of the oem half windshield and eliminate the wind pressure on my eyeballs when traveling over 45 mph. I also added a MotoRoof rear screen but installed it in back of front seat. Gauge panel stayed a lot cleaner also. Shouldn't be a problem when trailering.I've run it up to 65 mph with no adverse affects. I know it a little cooler in KY and if needed a piece of rigid foam could be added between the front roll cage and oem roof to stop that wind flow. Overall the 801UTV unit is a good option.

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love my UTV801 Windshield. I actually ended up with my first one by trading. Ive been through 3 windshields now haha! (Damn machine likes to roll :p. Ive never plugged the gap in the windshield, It keeps the bugs and wind from hitting me in the face. I also think it helps with dust control also. If you add any windshield you'll definitely need something on the back to keep the dust from rolling in. When you open the flaps, it lets more air in then you'd think it would. Hits you at the chest too, instead of the face.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!