P500 UTV snowblower attachment

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
14 years 1986 TRX 350 made a Plow out of boiler tank served me well.

1st. Up grade :: Hard to beat old Toro Class Tractor with Hydraulic Lift 16 ,18 , 20HP with 2 Stage Blower used one for years.

Since graduated to Kubota BX 25D Cab & Heat Ft. Mount 2 stage Blower IN cab Power Shoot Controls.
Made dollies for each attachment.

Hydrolic 's & Wheels make Life Easier.

Last ::WD40 :: COAT the Shoot with WD40 REGULARY Helps with wet snow slush sticking problem. ( works on shovels & roof RAKES too )
At the end of season coat the whole unit Definately helps prevent rust.

Last edited:
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My stepfather is a Toro dealer and sells a boatload of these things. People seem to love them. One guy can pick one up without too much effort.

I've also heard some surprisingly good things about the E-Go battery operated ones that Lowes and other box stores sell.

View attachment 255677
I sold a ton of these, they work so good, people wind up buying one for a relative.

Toro, has perfected the single stage snow thrower. It can throw a foot or more of snow. 2000lbs per minute.

People don't realize it's a snowthrower not a snowblower, that makes a difference. It can THROW wet or dry, unlike snowblowers that have a tough time with the wet because it's like water hitting a fan.

It's draw backs are, no self propel. Works good on level ground and has a hard time with the stuff the snowplow piles up.

Last edited:
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This is my snowblower the night I bought it a couple of years ago...
View attachment 255739

This is the stock image off the Honda power equipment site...
View attachment 255741

You're certainly not going to lift it up, but it will climb my ramps into the bed of my truck with no effort at all. I can throw snow somewhere in the 40-50 feet range with it if I had to guess. Can tilt the machine down to clear the sidewalk perfectly clean and then tilt it back up to clear the gravel drive and leave it a trace to 1/2" of snow without throwing the gravel. It's no physical effort to the operator to run. My wife has used it when I was out of town. It isn't cheap, but it is a beast and buy once cry once purchase.
Best 2 stage machine, period. An absolute beast. Sold tons of them over the years.

Heavy and expensive, but you will never regret it.

Yamaha made one years ago that was comparable but that was short lived.

S

Steven1968

Oct 2, 2018
Syracuse, New York
Ownership

1. 500
Kinda funny you brought this up. I was staring out the window yesterday at two neighbors snow blowing. I have a lot to shovel besides the plowing so I was paying attention, noticed one guy had his on the deck. Won't that cause damage? Maybe not, I have no clue, never used one but I did see the beauty in it. I have banks 2' high all the way down the driveway and yes this late in the season, it is old crusty sh** that doesn't want to move. I also have 6' high banks around the parking area, just running out of room. I'm not thinking about the attachment as much as a portable one but again don't know anything about them. I'd want one light enough to lift around yet have enough ass to get it done. Is there such a thi

My stepfather is a Toro dealer and sells a boatload of these things. People seem to love them. One guy can pick one up without too much effort.

I've also heard some surprisingly good things about the E-Go battery operated ones that Lowes and other box stores sell.

View attachment 255677
I have a walk behind snowblower too (Troy built) it works fine but I have a barn out back that I like to keep a path big enough to drive my car to if I need to and thought this would be easier and faster to use.

S

Steven1968

Oct 2, 2018
Syracuse, New York
Ownership

1. 500

I’m thinking this is what your are talking about? I’ve used one a few times but on the front of an atv. I believe the one I used was a 60” model because it was wider than the atv.

I worked good and threw pretty far. It was about the same speed as a walk behind so it was more “boring” than plowing. But at 5’ wide it cleared the driveway pretty fast.
Yes this is what I was looking at. Wondering if they were any good. I have a walk behind that I would sell if I get something like this.

Reactions: rtn001 and toddvdh
S

Steven1968

Oct 2, 2018
Syracuse, New York
Ownership

1. 500
I looked into the snow blower attachments for UTVs two years ago. The brand Massimo caught my eye. I didn't have the money to get the unit at the time however a friend of mine did get it for his P1000. They sent it with a universal mount which he had to modify significantly to get it to mount up. He used it a few times before the problems started to happen. It has an electric motor and remote allowing the driver to adjust the direction of the chute from inside the cab. It froze up and wouldn't adjust to the right during the 4th use. It is very difficult to start and he says looking back he wouldn't do it again since it has it's own engine and battery creating one more piece of equipment to maintain. I have heard more bad reviews on the Massimo unit than good. I have another friend who purchased an Erskine snow blower attachment for his P500 and it has worked awesome for him. I have witnessed it in use and am very jealous of it. They are VERY expensive though and he justified the purchase as he uses it for his property maintenance company. There are several other brands out there which are a little more easy on the wallet and worth investigating in my opinion.
I read the bad reviews about this particular brand as well thanks for the advice

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don’t know what brand I used, but the motor on it was a Honda.

Sorry, the tractor supply link was just an example.

Reactions: rtn001
jmaxch

jmaxch

Sep 15, 2019
Quebec
Ownership

1. 500
You might want to take a look at Bercomac UTV attachement.

I don’t personally own one but I discussed with a guy that has one on a P500 and it is a beast.
You can choose different engine but he had the Honda 22HP on a 66 inch blower.

E3CFB99C 9FB2 42F9 88EF 242CE46E467D

DCEB2F26 326E 4443 92D0 99B588081B68

jmaxch

jmaxch

Sep 15, 2019
Quebec
Ownership

1. 500
That thing is awesome!
Yes it is!! The guy was using this to clear is 350ft driveway in the east part of Quebec Province, Gaspesie where the often receive 2-3 ft of snow by storm and a total annual snowfall of about 9-12 feet... He said it that with the tracks it is extremely efficient even with a big slope in the driveway. These things are not cheap however but with the exchange rate of the USD/CDN dollar you would get a reasonnablle price if that's what suits your needs.

jmaxch

jmaxch

Sep 15, 2019
Quebec
Ownership

1. 500
By the way, it is for sale , the guy moved and no longer needs something this extreme. Spoke to him on Facebook marketplace.

Good shopping.

M

mirasettlers

Aug 12, 2018
Albert Bridge
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Steven. I have a 2018 P500 that I've attached my Kimpex 48" blower to. We live on Cape Breton Island, NS and get our far share of snow. Our driveway is approx 350 feet long and when we moved here I cleaned snow with an ATV with blade as well as with a walk behind blower. I soon came to realize that I wasn't getting any younger and 5 - 6hrs to clean up the yard wasn't going to cut it. A neighbour was selling his blower so I bought it and attached to my ATV. workload dropped to between 1-2 hours. I soon became tired being frozen and wet from the blowing snow and purchased our p500 complete with windshield and roof. Now I actually enjoy after storm clean up. I don't know about now but when I contacted Kimpex (also known as Bercomac) they didn't have a converson kit to go from a ATV bottom mount to a s x s hitch ball mount so purchased all the necessary parts and made it work. There is no way I would ever return walk behind blower or ATV with blade. This was definately the way to go for me. I will attempt to attach a pic of my unit. Good luck with your decision. The second pic is the fabric doors and back window that we made up this past fall to help with those cold windy winter days.

Graham

4 20201101 130324

A

ATK

Feb 17, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hello all, been lurking around this site for some time but never posted yet. I have taken many ideas from here, thanks. I currently own a 2015 P500 and live in Central New York, we get our fair share of snow. I have a manual plow on it right now but have been looking at those self contained UTV Snow blower attachments. I'm interested if anyone has opinions on them good or bad. I like the plow but I think a snow blower attachment would be much better way to clear the snow. After the first significant snowfall the snowbanks freeze up and unless you have a lot of weight theres no way your going to push that snow any further.

Thanks for any feedback
I ran across this one on facebook. I thought it was a pretty good buy. You can watch it work on you tube. 2015 Honda Snow hog

Reactions: Mudder and rtn001
L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
dont knock the toro single stage blowers! i cant give input on the 4 cycles. im a bit of a collector. the old 2 stroke 6.5hp and 4.5hp models. do a little fancy 'tuning' and they run circles around a two stage, minus the self propelled part. i dont use it for my main driveway but on the sidewalks and the pad infront of my shop the paddles pull up the packed snow down to pavement. i also lug the SOB's onto the roof when the snow pack is such it warrants shoveling. minor adjustments are required to not chew the crap out of the shingles but gall dang is it alot less work than shoveling!

J

Jerryy

Nov 15, 2016
Freedom, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Best 2 stage machine, period. An absolute beast. Sold tons of them over the years.

Heavy and expensive, but you will never regret it.

Yamaha made one years ago that was comparable but that was short lived.
Before I bought my Pioneer 1000 (and a plow), I bought the HS1332 (with tracks) which is no longer made. Yes--it too is a beast (bigger than yours) but I love it and still use it to widen driveway and areas where plowed snow builds up. Only complaint I have is that I didn't use it for three seasons and when I finally started it, it took two pulls instead of one (THAT'S WHY I OWN A HONDA).

Reactions: Jerryg
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Before I bought my Pioneer 1000 (and a plow), I bought the HS1332 (with tracks) which is no longer made. Yes--it too is a beast (bigger than yours) but I love it and still use it to widen driveway and areas where plowed snow builds up. Only complaint I have is that I didn't use it for three seasons and when I finally started it, it took two pulls instead of one (THAT'S WHY I OWN A HONDA).
I remember the HS1332, what a beast.

I think we only sold one of those out of our shop, it went up to Vermont from what I remember.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Talked to a guy the other day, lives next to the job site, that works at an equipment dealer. Said he's owned and ran them all over the years. I've never been one to lean towards the cordless stuff but he claims these are the sh** and owns one himself. No gas, no oil, no recoil, claims it eats as well as a single stage Toro. Runs full tilt for 40 mins, batteries charge in 30. 5 yr warranty, 3 on the batteries. Granted it's not one of the big boys, weighs half as much as a Toro but for decks and sidewalks...?

Reactions: The Green Goat
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Talked to a guy the other day, lives next to the job site, that works at an equipment dealer. Said he's owned and ran them all over the years. I've never been one to lean towards the cordless stuff but he claims these are the sh** and owns one himself. No gas, no oil, no recoil, claims it eats as well as a single stage Toro. Runs full tilt for 40 mins, batteries charge in 30. 5 yr warranty, 3 on the batteries. Granted it's not one of the big boys, weighs half as much as a Toro but for decks and sidewalks...?

I believe it, if you look closely, you will see the same exact auger as the Toro.

I wonder if they had to pay Toro for that.

Toro went to 4-stroke engines on the the single stage throwers, I think that left the door open.

Reactions: trigger
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520

Imagine what it could do with nerf bars!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!