P1000 Vent Extension Question

A

AmosMoses

Aug 12, 2017
Callahan, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, new here with a 3 week old 1000-5 Deluxe. Have learned a ton on here and I have searched and cannot find an answer to this. I see all the threads on extending the vent tubes from differentials, fuel, etc.

Does anyone know if you can just put a connector on the existing vent tubes, add new tube from that point and then run them up? Rather than replace the entire tube? I realize it is one more thing to fail, but honestly its not mechanical so I am not all that worried. Just seems like an easier way to do it.

Any info? Downsides? Thx

Reactions: pct
J

JTW

Just buy one of the kits the guys are selling on here... you'll save yourself a lot of time and $!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, new here with a 3 week old 1000-5 Deluxe. Have learned a ton on here and I have searched and cannot find an answer to this. I see all the threads on extending the vent tubes from differentials, fuel, etc.

Does anyone know if you can just put a connector on the existing vent tubes, add new tube from that point and then run them up? Rather than replace the entire tube? I realize it is one more thing to fail, but honestly its not mechanical so I am not all that worried. Just seems like an easier way to do it.

Any info? Downsides? Thx
Yes that's exactly what I did. JTW is right about that kit. I spent 60 bucks at auto parts store on hoses and connectors. Those kits are cheaper.

J

JTW

Yes that's exactly what I did. JTW is right about that kit. I spent 60 bucks at auto parts store on hoses and connectors. Those kits are cheaper.
I did too... and still didn't have all the pieces I needed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!