Vent lines check valves - SuperATV depth Finder Snorkel Kit

A

alexr40

May 9, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello,

I have a question regading a snorkel kit I just bought. I see it comes with check valves for all the vent lines for my Talon. I have read that usually gas tank and diffs need both directions to prevent vacuum and blow seals. anyone using this setup?

Also their pioneer kit comes with vent lines extensions and longer tubing instead of check valves. Does the talon has a different oem setup that does not require bidirectional breathing?

thanks

Alex

B

bk5r

Apr 13, 2020
Congress, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Seems like a terrible idea. Nature abhors a vacuum. These seals tend to leak oil out, gotta a think they'll have no problem letting water in.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yeah, I'm not a fan of check valves, especially in our insanely dusty environment. Most vents have to flow both directions depending on temperature, contracting when cooling and expanding when heating. Given that law of physics, any unchecked filter, above the high water line (for you) should work best. Because they're always flowing air, one way or the other, I think filters are a good idea.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yeah, I'm not a fan of check valves, especially in our insanely dusty environment. Most vents have to flow both directions depending on temperature, contracting when cooling and expanding when heating. Given that law of physics, any unchecked filter, above the high water line (for you) should work best. Because they're always flowing air, one way or the other, I think filters are a good idea.

Great advice.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Seems like a terrible idea. Nature abhors a vacuum. These seals tend to leak oil out, gotta a think they'll have no problem letting water in.
That's exactly what I've been trying to get across.

Reactions: Mudwing
Z

Zbugsii

Feb 24, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes... as mentioned before... no check valves... , but as others have said... filters in the ends is also a very good idea.

Reactions: Remington
A

alexr40

May 9, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X
I went with straight lines and a filter at the end. no check valves for diff. tranny or gas tank.. only used a check valve for the fan line (i dont expect that to be too critical.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!