BOX1

Walker Evans Monotube Shocks - coils are silver

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Jan 18, 2015
Dealer just called because my Walker Evans Monotube shocks for my Pioneer 700 just came in. The dealer is telling me that the coils for front and rear are silver. When I was looking at picks of the shocks installed on other Pioneer 700's the coils were red. Does anyone else have silver coils or did they get red ones?

When installing these Walker Evans shocks do they come preset & ready to roll from the factory or do we have to adjust these coils or add air to the shocks. How do the bushings that came in the little packages work- what do we use, what don't we use. There was no instructions I guess so I want to make sure that they're set up correctly. Thank you

Last edited:
S

SkyPup01

May 19, 2015
Mine are red, all you have to do is adjust the preload to suit your taste.

motorcikle

motorcikle

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2014
My fronts are red and rear shock springs are silver

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Dealer just called because my Walker Evans Monotube shocks for my Pioneer 700 just came in. The dealer is telling me that the coils for front and rear are silver. When I was looking at picks of the shocks installed on other Pioneer 700's the coils were red. Does anyone else have silver coils or did they get red ones?

When installing these Walker Evans shocks do they come preset & ready to roll from the factory or do we have to adjust these coils or add air to the shocks. How do the bushings that came in the little packages work- what do we use, what don't we use. There was no instructions I guess so I want to make sure that they're set up correctly. Thank you

Sometimes the color of the springs denote if they are standard, medium, or heavy weight, for a particular application. That's not an end all be all truth but I have seen it on some applications. When you order shocks / spring and you tell them you are running 600 lbs. of riders, accessories & gear over a show room stock machine they will usually set you up with the heavy weight springs for that particular application.

So that might be why they are silver vs. red.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sometimes the color of the springs denote if they are standard, medium, or heavy weight, for a particular application. That's not an end all be all truth but I have seen it on some applications. When you order shocks / spring and you tell them you are running 600 lbs. of riders, accessories & gear over a show room stock machine they will usually set you up with the heavy weight springs for that particular application.

So that might be why they are silver vs. red.
I ordered a rear set to go along with the fronts last week. I'll post what color mine are.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are silver.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!