Walker Evans Pioneer Monotube Shocks

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Thanks to this great forum and WE's Cody for helping me out getting a super nice pair of WE monotube shocks for the front suspension of my Pioneer 700.

These were a super simple bolt on and completely and totally changed the entire ride and handling of my Pioneer.

I thought the OEM Honda KYB shocks were not bad and was hesitant about upgrading them, but I have some expensive high tech electronic gear I installed on my Pioneer and put a 30 pound AGM auxillary battery under the hood on the front and even though all my military specified gear is completely waterproof, shockproof, vibration proof, dust proof, etc., I wanted to be sure to keep the electronics from getting banged up from vibrations and shocks.

The WE monotubes are extremely high quality professionally constructed shocks and after I installed them the ride change was like from night to day. Handling, vibration, noise,compliance, smoothness were all immediately improved by at least one magnitude. So much more smoother and quieter, it really made the Pioneer shine on the trails.

Here are the WE monotubes after I unpacked them:

Walker20Evans

KYB20vs20WE

Installed20On20Hondini

I thought that the ride improvement would be nice, but these are simply amazing.

So much so that I contacted Cody to order another pair for the rear of the Pioneer now that we are using it as a four seater on our night hunts....

Thanks a bunch, Cody, really appreicate that you produce these for the Honda Pioneer! ;)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
SkyPup,
Thanks for the quick write up. You making me want to order a set. I been thinking about it, just putting my money elsewhere for now.
Thanks.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
They are without any doubt a super high quality professional series shock, a total game changer for the Pioneer!

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I went ahead and ordered another set for the rear to finish off the Pioneer chassis, what a wonderful improvement!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sky, are the fronts adjustable. I see the threads but can the nut it be turned to adjust?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Yes, they are the monotube adjustable model, the other ones with the external pressure reservoir have the compression valve adjustment too, but mine don't.

The monotube version I have just has the preload adjustment for tinkering.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Finally finished installing the professional Walker Evan rear shocks and they totally refined the ride on the UTV to a new level.

These are the same shocks that come standard on the Polaris RZR 1000 Baja Race UTV.

Really smooths out the view on the FLIR M-324 thermal camera when cruising around 10-15 mph, eliminating the shake and vibrations!Icon smile cool

WE20Rear

WE20Installed20on20Rear

motorcikle

motorcikle

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2014
I just put the shocks on the front of my Pioneer.....wow what an awesome difference. Great communication with Cody and fast shipping. Will be ordering a set for the rear real soon. Have not been able to bottom the front suspension out

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Glad you like them, they are Professional Awesome!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!