P500 Walker Evans or Elka Stage 3

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I measured mine before added spacers and it was with stock wheels and tires 48.25” front and 48.75” rear. What are the measurements of most 50” gates. I’m wondering if it would clear at 51.75”or so.

Reactions: Duckhunt
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I've got WE fronts being built. I think most say they are the biggest improvement in the ride. I sure hope they are worth the price I gave for them.

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I've got WE fronts being built. I think most say they are the biggest improvement in the ride. I sure hope they are worth the price I gave for them.
I’m on the fence. I wonder if their worth the price.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I’m on the fence. I wonder if their worth the price.

I've only heard of one person that says they didn't think they were worth the price paid compared to the 25+ that has said they are a HUGE improvement! What you read on facebook doesn't mean much to me but what I read here from owners is what sold me!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
i went with progressive 425s for a rhino which made a night and day difference on stock a arms and used them on my long travel for a bit and they were very very good ( until i blew them out) then i went with a 22" fox nitrogen shock with eibach spring and its out of this world
20181016 153032

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
the walkers will blow your mind in ride comfort compaired to stock

Reactions: Husker1
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've only heard of one person that says they didn't think they were worth the price paid compared to the 25+ that has said they are a HUGE improvement! What you read on facebook doesn't mean much to me but what I read here from owners is what sold me!

It's not placebo or anything, the WE definitely make a difference in the ride. As far as being worth it? All of this sh** is expensive and you can get by without it, roof, winch, PS...but is it worth it? You remember the Jackal ride at the Takeover? Every penny I had into mine was worth it on that ride! ;)

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
If your just doing chores around the yard, your not going to notice the difference. I put W.E. on the front and went trail riding. It was like a new machine over the larger bumps and no more bottoming out on the whoops. I just picked up a pair for the rear I will install in spring b/c of course the rear still bottoms out being stock. I love the ease of adjustability with the front W.E. which I turn all the way to the hardest setting for Plowing and then turn about 1/4 from softest for trail riding (I also have the 200lb springs). The W.E. complement my big horn tires and power steering very well. You definitely don’t get into this sport to save money:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Boneanza

Oct 29, 2016
Missouri
Ownership

1. 500
I added the WE front and rear. They made a huge improvement in ride quality. It now rides better than either of the 2 Polaris rangers that I often ride around with. I've even taken it on a motor Cross track and jumped it repeatedly.... Nothing crazy, but all 4 wheels off the ground over and over again. No jarring at all. I can drive much more aggressive on Rocky roads. I was going for another ride. I did find that you need to adjust the stiffnesss and preload if going to be loaded with weight over larger rocks.. ... Definitely could bottom out easier. I also added power steering. Between the shocks and steering, it's like a hole new vehicle. If you can afford it, and need the condensed size of the p5, go for it!

J

Jack_Burton

Dec 15, 2018
Stoddard Valley
Ownership

1. 500
How are you liking the stage 2?
I am wondering also, I have already put my W.E.s on and have actually noticed a difference right off the bat, when I pulled it out of the garage. My front end seems to sit up higher and the ride is definitely smoother over stock.

Now, I am just waiting on my stage 2 Elkas for the rear. I bought those, since I do not think I will need a reservoir for the type of riding , not racing that I do.
Both are quality products and rebuild-able.

J

Jack_Burton

Dec 15, 2018
Stoddard Valley
Ownership

1. 500
I did a drive test on my p500 with the W.Es installed on the front end and the stock shocks still on the rear.

BIG,BIG,BIG, Noticeable difference in handling and driving. I pegged it out at 39/40 mph and hit the dirt road with woop de dos and ruts soft sand and hard pack dirt and rock. I stayed in 5th gear all they way to the end and down shifted to 4th at the end , so I wouldn't take out the neighbors fence. I never bottomed out the front end, on the rear end, I did on several of the dips and bumps.

The W.Es are worth it in my opinion if you are driving over hard pack, rocky, rutted out, washboard roads, dirt roads.

Normanator22

Normanator22

Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
GA
Ownership

1. 500
I did a drive test on my p500 with the W.Es installed on the front end and the stock shocks still on the rear.

BIG,BIG,BIG, Noticeable difference in handling and driving. I pegged it out at 39/40 mph and hit the dirt road with woop de dos and ruts soft sand and hard pack dirt and rock. I stayed in 5th gear all they way to the end and down shifted to 4th at the end , so I wouldn't take out the neighbors fence. I never bottomed out the front end, on the rear end, I did on several of the dips and bumps.

The W.Es are worth it in my opinion if you are driving over hard pack, rocky, rutted out, washboard roads, dirt roads.

Man this sounds like exactly what I need... I was out riding yesterday from sun up to sun down with my buddy on our hunt club. We have 6k acres so it’s a lot of ground to cover. The terrain is very hilly/rocky/rutted out. I can’t keep up with him on his Honda rancher. Not that I’m looking to go extremely fast, but even at 15mph I feel like I’m riding a bucking bull!

I love this P5 when back in the woods on the tight trails where no other full size would go. But the ride in and out has been tough. Might have to seriously consider this purchase...

C

Chooglin

Man this sounds like exactly what I need... I was out riding yesterday from sun up to sun down with my buddy on our hunt club. We have 6k acres so it’s a lot of ground to cover. The terrain is very hilly/rocky/rutted out. I can’t keep up with him on his Honda rancher. Not that I’m looking to go extremely fast, but even at 15mph I feel like I’m riding a bucking bull!

I love this P5 when back in the woods on the tight trails where no other full size would go. But the ride in and out has been tough. Might have to seriously consider this purchase...
You won't regret it , they are well worth the money!

Normanator22

Normanator22

Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
GA
Ownership

1. 500
You won't regret it , they are well worth the money!

Thanks Chooglin. My wife and I are coming out for the takeover at Ride Royal Blue (first time for me). I figured I could try and see if someone there would let me go for a ride with them and feel the difference.

That is if I am able to hold off that long...

Reactions: trigger
C

Chooglin

Thanks Chooglin. My wife and I are coming out for the takeover at Ride Royal Blue (first time for me). I figured I could try and see if someone there would let me go for a ride with them and feel the difference.

That is if I am able to hold off that long...
You are more than welcome to take mine for a ride if you want , that is if you can restrain yourself from buying them before the Takeover :)

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!