P1000 Want to do it (once) right and need advice

S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good morning! Went out riding last night with a buddy and his portaled rzr. Now Im gonna pull the trigger and buy what I need to go with portals on my 2020 P1000-5 Deluxe. I have put the bracket lift on it but nothing else (suspension is stock). We live in SWFL so its mainly mud and sand. I am totally confused what will work so I have a few questions for the board! Basically before I pull the trigger today and order some stuff I want to make sure it all will work together so when it gets here!

1 - Are dual idler portals worth it? Obviously this seems to add almost $1000 more than the standard (Anyone run single idlers with no issues?)
2 - Do I have to remove my bracket lift to run the portals?
3 - Should I buy the A-arms to get another few inches and if so will this work with my bracket lift?
4 - Should I upgrade the factory shocks? It rides very soft from the factory
5 - Are wheel spacers needed with the portals?

And lastly, if there is anything else to consider? I was thinking a 45% gear reduction and 35's.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Good morning! Went out riding last night with a buddy and his portaled rzr. Now Im gonna pull the trigger and buy what I need to go with portals on my 2020 P1000-5 Deluxe. I have put the bracket lift on it but nothing else (suspension is stock). We live in SWFL so its mainly mud and sand. I am totally confused what will work so I have a few questions for the board! Basically before I pull the trigger today and order some stuff I want to make sure it all will work together so when it gets here!

1 - Are dual idler portals worth it? Obviously this seems to add almost $1000 more than the standard (Anyone run single idlers with no issues?)
2 - Do I have to remove my bracket lift to run the portals?
3 - Should I buy the A-arms to get another few inches and if so will this work with my bracket lift?
4 - Should I upgrade the factory shocks? It rides very soft from the factory
5 - Are wheel spacers needed with the portals?

And lastly, if there is anything else to consider? I was thinking a 45% gear reduction and 35's.
Id personally dump the bracket lift And stock shocks And put my money on some good aftermarket shocks. As for your portal question
Yeah i agree, @SuperATV would be your source for this.

You beg the question tho.…
Welcome! and Congrats to your first post Since joining in 18’ lol
You have a 20’ P1 with alot of mods it seams And no pics at all. We like pics and lots of pics. We dont do good with imagination, were not Disney world 😂 And as the saying goes….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!!;)

S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you guys are right, I joined in 18 when I got my P700 and just lurked around lol. Now I have the 1000-5 I actually want to do something to it. I actually have in my cart the 6 inch portals (30% reduction) and the 6 inch lift kit from Superatv. I also have the frame stiffener and bushing kit. I am hoping I can also figure out the wheel offset I should run. Im currently looking at 35x20s.

I am hoping @SuperATV would be able to provide some insight and possibly a coupon code for a discount! LOL

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes you guys are right, I joined in 18 when I got my P700 and just lurked around lol. Now I have the 1000-5 I actually want to do something to it. I actually have in my cart the 6 inch portals (30% reduction) and the 6 inch lift kit from Superatv. I also have the frame stiffener and bushing kit. I am hoping I can also figure out the wheel offset I should run. Im currently looking at 35x20s.

I am hoping @SuperATV would be able to provide some insight and possibly a coupon code for a discount! LOL
#NTC is good for a zero percent discount at SuperATV. 🤣
Seriously…if you PM him he can get you a discount.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Still need them pics tho! 😂
If u need help with how to load them just ask...

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Hey there!

come-on-in-come-in.gif

1. You don't necessarily need the duals. That's more for 200+ HP tuned machines with 50"+ tires going full send into bottomless mud holes. The singles will be perfect for you and you'll save a few bucks.
2. You don't have to remove the bracket lift. More clearance. But... @Remington had a point about aftermarket shocks/springs. Its nice. Up to you there.
3. A-arms....100%. You'll want the extra clearance, plus....they're way beefier than stock...and you'll need that with leverage from portals and bigger tires. Not required, but highly recommended.
4. Personal preference. Wait till you get it set up and go from there.
5. Wheel spacers are not required. You will need a minimum of an 18"+ wheel for the 6" portals.

45% will be great for 35"s on your Pio1k.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey there!

come-on-in-come-in.gif

1. You don't necessarily need the duals. That's more for 200+ HP tuned machines with 50"+ tires going full send into bottomless mud holes. The singles will be perfect for you and you'll save a few bucks.
2. You don't have to remove the bracket lift. More clearance. But... @Remington had a point about aftermarket shocks/springs. Its nice. Up to you there.
3. A-arms....100%. You'll want the extra clearance, plus....they're way beefier than stock...and you'll need that with leverage from portals and bigger tires. Not required, but highly recommended.
5. Wheel spacers are not required. You will need a minimum of an 18"+ wheel for the 6" portals.

Sounds like your trying to sell something, any thing, sounded like a Slick Headed minerrs sales pitch! HA!

S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it, will be posting pics up shortly! Also, @SuperATV I got my delivery of the lift kit and still waiting on confirmation of shipping for the portals. Dumb me shouldve checked to see they all were shipping together but it looks like just the lift kit and frame stiffener shipped.

Anyways thanks for your help. Hopefully the portals come quickly!!!

advertisement
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Got it, will be posting pics up shortly! Also, @SuperATV I got my delivery of the lift kit and still waiting on confirmation of shipping for the portals. Dumb me shouldve checked to see they all were shipping together but it looks like just the lift kit and frame stiffener shipped.

Anyways thanks for your help. Hopefully the portals come quickly!!!
Hell yeah buddy! Can't wait to see this beast! 🤟 😎

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey there!

come-on-in-come-in.gif

Why doesnt SuperATV offer a front upper control arm upgrade? Like a 12mm bolt and gusset or front and rear gussets? You have the lower kit but almost nobody tears the lowers off.

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why doesnt SuperATV offer a front upper control arm upgrade? Like a 12mm bolt and gusset or front and rear gussets? You have the lower kit but almost nobody tears the lowers off.

Sorry I may sound stupid, but the 6 inch kit was upper and lowers (Front and rear). Or are you talking about something else?

Reactions: Lady01
S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doh, nevermind....I had to think for a moment, but I got what you were saying LOL

Reactions: Lady01
S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like @SuperATV came through or put some pressure for me! Looks like the portals are coming in tomorrow via the UPS gods instead of waiting until the 21st to ship! Woohoo

• Haha
Reactions: SuperATV and Farmer
S

Southernones

Sep 2, 2018
Sw Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like @SuperATV came through or put some pressure for me! Looks like the portals are coming in tomorrow via the UPS gods instead of waiting until the 21st to ship! Woohoo
Got it done after some sketchy jack lifting, but it's done and tested yesterday afternoon through some trails and pits. Super happy with the results!

20220115 181709 20220115 181735 20220115 164926

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!