P500 Warn 60" Bucket kit conversion

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
So I just had 18 yards of dirt dumped today, figured it would be a good test of the Warn Provantage bucket conversion kit. It worked well, but its really only for loose soil or mulch. My plow is all Honda OEM, including the front mount. I believe the part for the Warn bucket conversion kit # is 85133. Anyway, I hope the video is pretty self explanatory. I did put 200lbs worth of sand on the rear rack to balance it out. I should also mention I have walker evans shocks all around with 200lb springs and set all of the shocks to the hardest setting. Here is the video I made tonight:

Reactions: duhmojo
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
FYI. I made an Atv dump bucket years ago, put two free swinging legs on the push tube/bucket attachment bolt. Put a pulley at same point on topside of push tube to run the winch cable up to the top lip of bucket. Legs swing back on ground contact moving forward, load, lift and go. To dump, stop and lower winch. The legs act as pedestals to support the height as the cable spools out for a dump. Legs were made of angle iron with a small flat square on bottom to prevent it from sinking in dirt. It was a winter boredom project. Some old pictures before I added the legs.
BC7CD8A6 8502 421F 9B74 377EB667BB6E 49C23930 1037 4140 A9C0 8B8F7462867B

Last edited:
duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@uconn411, how has your 60" bucket conversion with the Honda stock plow/winch setup working for you?

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
In your video the WARN logo is clearly on the bucket. Is that the bucket conversion piece, or did you get a WARN plow and the bucket kit? You mentioned that you were all stock Honda OEM (e.g. winch, bracket, plow, etc).

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
As far as a dump curl option to simplify and replace the rope, I later modified it with two free swinging angle iron legs on the bucket attachment axle and welded a small metal square (foot) to each, legs length slightly shorter than height of raised bucket. When stopped, legs swing perpendicular and support the bucket on winch out for curl dumps. To load, drive forward, legs swing back and winch lowers bucket flat on ground. Winch in and go. Found that concept on US Patent office site. A simple way, required a low pulley at the base as shown and hook the cable at top of the bucket. Provided lift and dump with a single winch cable.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!