Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Installed the Warn 5500 lb. winch last weekend with a little help from @Fastbuck101 and his well outfitted shop.

Fit was great. The bracket was ideal. Had to bring power from the rear mounted battery to the front via #4 MSW and a 6 position Blue Sea waterproof fuse block. So room for the other mods and accessories too!!

EFDCD5D9 4709 443F 9AD7 6110D4808BD7
18BB986C CEB3 46D3 945C 8E2915A94F0E
851A3603 85D7 4DAD 8866 C3851AD0D896

H

HondaTech

A friend of the shops has the Axxion installed on this R as well. Got a smokin deal on it before the Talon came out and we made it fit.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A friend of the shops has the Axxion installed on this R as well. Got a smokin deal on it before the Talon came out and we made it fit.
Cool. What size did he install?

T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
My 45-s failed after a few months and few uses. Warranty service this far has been very subpar by any metric and has taken over a month so far and still don’t have it back. So much for their 5 business day warranty service they advertise. It’s a nice unit, but if anything goes wrong be prepared for a long wait for it to be repaired.

Reactions: Bo_Darville
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My 45-s failed after a few months and few uses. Warranty service this far has been very subpar by any metric and has taken over a month so far and still don’t have it back. So much for their 5 business day warranty service they advertise. It’s a nice unit, but if anything goes wrong be prepared for a long wait for it to be repaired.
A lot of businesses are suffering due to Covid, don’t know if there’s a relation in this instance though?

T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
A lot of businesses are suffering due to Covid, don’t know if there’s a relation in this instance though?
Yeah I understand that part and am pretty patient, but the experience from the start was pretty poor. Emailed in to customer service asking for what needs to be done, no response. Called and talked to customer service was told I would receive a call back the following business day. Again nothing for almost 2 weeks. Called/emailed again and then ended up with a manager who got things going, but wanted to know who I spoke with as he wanted to have a chat with them as that should not have happened, which I didn’t make note of that... Finally got it sent to an “authorized repair” site where they have been sitting on it the past couple weeks. Inquired about it a couple days ago and was told they might take a look at it this week or next. If it needs parts who knows how long that will take.

Warn has quality products and has to be doing well with the ATV’s selling at the rate they are. Personally just happened to have a poor experience with a defective unit.

Reactions: Montecresto
Spektrum84

Spektrum84

Aug 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Bringing up an old thread because I'm putting in a 45s in my x2-LV. The LV has the Sport/Normal switch next to the light switch where I've seen other mount their toggle switch. Where did you mount your switch in the cab?

H

HondaTech

Bringing up an old thread because I'm putting in a 45s in my x2-LV. The LV has the Sport/Normal switch next to the light switch where I've seen other mount their toggle switch. Where did you mount your switch in the cab?

Ive put winch switches to the left of those switches, there isnt anything behind it.

Spektrum84

Spektrum84

Aug 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ive put winch switches to the left of those switches, there isnt anything behind it.
Hmm, might just cut the rectangular hole next to those and mount it there rather than buying one of those left side 3 position switch plates. What about the remote plug? I kinda like the idea of mounting it in the glove box but I can't figure out how the rubber gasket is suppose to mount! The connector cover being attached makes me think it's suppose to mount on the connector side rather than behind the surface it's mounted to. Is it supposed to act like a gasket or does it even matter?

H

HondaTech

Hmm, might just cut the rectangular hole next to those and mount it there rather than buying one of those left side 3 position switch plates. What about the remote plug? I kinda like the idea of mounting it in the glove box but I can't figure out how the rubber gasket is suppose to mount! The connector cover being attached makes me think it's suppose to mount on the connector side rather than behind the surface it's mounted to. Is it supposed to act like a gasket or does it even matter?
It usually goes between the connector and the panel its mounted in, or thats the way they go on all the ones I've installed.

Bo_Darville

Bo_Darville

Jan 7, 2020
Cumming, GA
Ownership

1. Talon R
My 45-s failed in less than a year as well. Yeah, it was free to fix but it took 3 months. Then the Warn on our 2020 Can-am xmr 1000 failed. I'm done with Warn. I needed something quick so I bought a 5k badlands. We'll see how it holds up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!