Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I do believe this to be a design flaw. I do feel damn near any vehicle I've been in or on either has been through what I took the p1k through or at least capable of it. That is 100% how I feel. Even at the rate of speed I was traveling at was in my opinion acceptable. I had not been drinking or or showing off I was simply having fun driving my new vehicle. I fully admit I am hard on things but I have a lot of time in these and don't intend ever to throw it away. I wish Honda understood that! I WAS NOT BY ANY MEANS trying to hurt my rig! However it happened. Sucks!! I do fully agree with most of what you're saying please understand that. Ok that out of the way I'm understanding more and more as I learn why a company such as Honda does some things they do. It is hard for a company to differentiate between a puddle and a lake. At what speed at what depth is ok? They did move the intake for other reasons trying to better the rig and it probably helped on a percentage. Didn't me or many others. Regardless of anything else do not drive through what I did at the speed I did. Just snorkel it.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Remington is on the money. Any company will have problems. Most have many but Honda has a few issues that could be looked into. Many people won't experience some of these issues but I think for the most part the people that do will share their experiences with others. It's people helping people. Not everyone is going to have a motor failure because of this but it's nice to try to help others that just may. Had I read an article about this happening and just how reasonable it was to prevent the possibility before mine went down-mine wouldn't have gone down I promise! Many people on here share all the good and bad in hopes of an enjoyable read or a possible problem that could be avoided or simply a different way of doing something. I probably share too much and it can bite sometimes but at the same time I'm learning something I didn't know or helping someone I didn't know and I'm greatful for both. I can be complaining a little one moment but joyous another but that's being real. Bottom line I love my Pioneer! I'm greatful for people putting a 10-15 dollar "fix" on here for others! I wish I could've fixed any of my other machines for $15!

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear ya man.
You have a right to be concerned.
However, if you truly are unbiased - check this video of us out and know none of us have had issues. We all crawled all day with no issues, and do this kind of riding all the time. Your "under 4mph" comment isn't founded in fact or based on truth. Once you learn your unit, you can feather and stay hooked up with no clutch slip as you know the interstitial space and how to drive it. Sure you don't want to power it down at 1mph and try to slip the clutch, but that's not how they are supposed to be driven. Also, I don't have heat issues - but I also have the $20 heat shield mod that I installed form the get go as I don't have time to sit around and worry about something $20 can fix. Love my P1K5!

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Mc357

Oct 7, 2016
Mi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does this mod void the warranty?

M

Mc357

Oct 7, 2016
Mi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes, sorry for not specifying. The one the ridem32 and remington did.

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Glad to see it back home!

Reactions: Derrick and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It was forever! Hope you'll be able to get out and enjoy it now.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I feel strongly about that too. Hope so see some good pics soon nice to have you back.

S

SquatchonHonda

Aug 25, 2016
Tampa, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My machine has a water problem. When it rains the water pours into the fuel and the sub-transmission oil. Honda didnt believe it. I told them to park it outside for a few days. When I called back they said the machine will no longer start. The water had infiltrated the system while sitting in their parking lot. They have now had my machine for 40 days and refuse to give any compensation. I am no longer a satisfied Honda customer...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My machine has a water problem. When it rains the water pours into the fuel and the sub-transmission oil. Honda didnt believe it. I told them to park it outside for a few days. When I called back they said the machine will no longer start. The water had infiltrated the system while sitting in their parking lot. They have now had my machine for 40 days and refuse to give any compensation. I am no longer a satisfied Honda customer...

Wow, that sounds pretty crazy. If I were you, I would open a case with Honda. I would bypass the dealership and call Honda customer service line directly.

Also, I have been in plenty of rain water and washing and have never had a problem that you describe.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep that's good information right there from Joey. That's the first I've heard of something like that but things seem to move a little quicker through customer care.

Reactions: Ridem32
advertisement