P1000 Warranty on blown engine

J

Jeffthepigfarmer

Jul 5, 2017
Girard pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I should have done more research before I took pioneer 1000 out to the trails. Never saw these posts but now 7500 cost and no coverage by Honda, 25 hours on the machine. Same story on going through water that any other quad could handle and engine blown. I'm thinking I need to find a lawyer. Can't imagine such a poor design can be left out there without it being addressed. Life long customer lost for honda with me.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess I should have done more research before I took pioneer 1000 out to the trails. Never saw these posts but now 7500 cost and no coverage by Honda, 25 hours on the machine. Same story on going through water that any other quad could handle and engine blown. I'm thinking I need to find a lawyer. Can't imagine such a poor design can be left out there without it being addressed. Life long customer lost for honda with me.
Hell yeah get a lawyer! Honda just released a revised air intake for the 1000. To a decent lawyer, that's an admission of guilt. Pure and simple. I bleed as red as anyone on the planet but I wish you all the luck in the world. They need to stand behind their products.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
As @Hondasxs pointed out there is a "fix" but it'll only be coming on the new machines and everyone prior will have to purchase it themselves which seems like piss poor business

D

Daniel16

Jul 3, 2017
Midwest
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As @Hondasxs pointed out there is a "fix" but it'll only be coming on the new machines and everyone prior will have to purchase it themselves which seems like piss poor business
So how new do the machines have to be to have these different air boxes? I just purchased a 2017 1000 on Saturday. Didn't know if I still needed to upgrade it or not.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So how new do the machines have to be to have these different air boxes? I just purchased a 2017 1000 on Saturday. Didn't know if I still needed to upgrade it or not.
Snorkel it and do the fuel tank breather tube asap..

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome! The new le comes standard and believe the rest of the fleet will also soon possibly. The system that Honda put in place will be a much needed improvement but I second the snorkel. Find one you like and just do it it's an expensive mistake to overlook this

D

Daniel16

Jul 3, 2017
Midwest
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The new le comes standard and believe the rest of the fleet will also soon. The system that Honda put in place will be a much needed improvement but I second the snorkel. Find one you like and just do it it's an expensive mistake to overlook this
Ok thanks I will look into the snorkel. From looking at the pics of the new breather box I believe mine has it I will have to look at it again just to make sure. Thanks for all the help.

pmward

pmward

Jul 28, 2016
Galena, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not all 2017's, LE or not, have the new air intake. It started part way through the model year. Just looked at an LE at Honda of the Ozarks Saturday. Did not have the new intake.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
Trapper77

Trapper77

Dec 18, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is anybody still on this forum? I have a long story about Honda not warranting my 2017 pioneer 1000 after they say “water intrusion.” And I hired a lawyer. I’m not usually that type. Here’s the info and it’s all documented....
Motor blew up on a Friday and it was scheduled the next Monday to go in for clutch slipping. Took it In told the Shop what happened I was on a gravel “road” with my kids way out and wide open, tires locked sent us in the woods. They tore it apart and said yep no problem it’s covered. Two weeks go by and the dealership said the rep wanted to see it cause this is the very first one Honda said has blown up. Dealer said word for word ...rep walked in didn’t even look at anything and said water intrusion tell him to call his insurance. Dealer called me and said this rep doesn’t know his a motor from the hole In a$$. So I called insurance. They took oil samples and pictures and determined it was engine mechanical engine failure. So I called corporate Honda and they said they have proof it was water. I told them that’s fine I need it to give to my insurance. I don’t think I drove through any water fast like they’re saying but who knows. So Honda just write me a letter explaining the water and give me some proof to take to my insurance and we’ll be on our way. They put me On hold come back and say the proof they have is Honda’s property and is confidential! Wtf is that? So you have Area 51 confidential info that says my motor had water in it even though the dealer and insurance say it couldn’t have cause the oil was not milky and there would’ve been no way to flush it out with the motor in a million pieces but I can’t have it? They said yep that’s it. So I called the dealer and said ok now I’m screwed you guys say no water the insurance says no water and Honda motor co. Says water and they have proof but it’s confidential? The dealer said Honda never took any parts OR pictures! That’s snakey actually down right corrupt. So I called Honda motor co. Again and said you didn’t even take pictures or parts. They told me if I can prove there wasn’t water in the motor they would cover it!! What is that I paid 20 grand plus bought the extended warranty and now I have to prove there wasn’t water in my motor?!!! Sorry this is long but that’s part of my story. I had Honda EVERYTHING and now I won’t buy any compactor, mixer, bike atv anything Honda ever again!!!!!

Reactions: Ridem32
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I did don’t see how they denied you sample & proof. If your dealership is honest with your lawyer you should be fine. Stick it to mother Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nbomar
Trapper77

Trapper77

Dec 18, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did don’t see how they denied you sample & proof. If your dealership is honest with your lawyer you should be fine. Stick it to mother Honda.

Honda motor Corp lied to me and said they “the dealer” had pictures of water in the intake tube of the carb. I said good then I can get them to my insurance. Went to the dealer they said they have no such thing. It’s been back and forth since the beginning of August and I still don’t have it. The whole thing is a joke Honda thinks they couldn’t have a motor problem must be the customers fault.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang bud I don't blame you one bit. I'm a die-hard Honda man but don't think for a second I wouldn't get a lawyer after their butts. Keep us updated on your progress. That is just downright sorry as can be.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hard to believe Honda would say that with out proof!!

Reactions: Hondasxs
advertisement