TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Now I see what you mean about the tree holding us up. Doesn't look like the rear wheel is that far off the ground but I think the front was definitely in the air. Here's some of the pics the wife took.

The first hill...
View attachment 338886

Like most of the ride, pretty rocky but this area was tame enough to get a pic...

View attachment 338887

Some of the sights...
View attachment 338888View attachment 338890
View attachment 338891View attachment 338892

When Lee went into Beast Mode...
View attachment 338893View attachment 338894

Kickin' it on the trail with some great folks/friends...
View attachment 338918
The first time I came down that long hill it was wet and I was in turf mode but didn't know it. I downshift to let the engine brake hold me back, like I always do and almost crashed because 1 wheel drive sucks on steep, wet hills.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The first time I came down that long hill it was wet and I was in turf mode but didn't know it. I downshift to let the engine brake hold me back, like I always do and almost crashed because 1 wheel drive sucks on steep, wet hills.
I've had that tree prop me up a few times.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Funny you say that. The wife was a little freaked out about going down it and I told her going down is no big deal compared to climbing it. With all that loose rock though, we were sliding a little and I wasn't expecting that.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Now I see what you mean about the tree holding us up. Doesn't look like the rear wheel is that far off the ground but I think the front was definitely in the air. Here's some of the pics the wife took.

The first hill...
View attachment 338886

Like most of the ride, pretty rocky but this area was tame enough to get a pic...

View attachment 338887

Some of the sights...
View attachment 338888View attachment 338890
View attachment 338891View attachment 338892

When Lee went into Beast Mode...
View attachment 338893View attachment 338894

View attachment 338918
Turns out, I had the GoPro on as we were approaching V-notch. You can't see much due to me being in the back, but the best part is I get out of the Pioneer and shut it off right as he is making his attempt at the top ledge. FML.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
@lee; just kept bangin' away at that skinny pedal! I don't how he walks without a wheel barrow . . . or as someone phrased it: Tink, Tink! ;)

IMG 4556

IMG 4564

IMG 4555

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
TO55.jpg

Glad y'all got a shot of this. Gotta say, I really enjoyed this particular break. When you remove the travel time, this break, and consider what time we got back you realize how much got packed into this 'little' ride.

And oh yeah, how about @lee finding my missing gasket out of the blue on the return? He can do it all 👍 .
Of course, my wife dropped it again when she covered her eyes during one of lee's patented Teeter Totter moves. That guy really knows how to drive out of a pickle. Hell, he prolly doesn't even consider it a thing; it's just Friday . . .

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Glad y'all got a shot of this. Gotta say, I really enjoyed this particular break. When you remove the travel time, this break, and consider what time we got back you realize how much got packed into this 'little' ride.

And oh yeah, how about @lee finding my missing gasket out of the blue on the return? He can do it all 👍 .
Of course, my wife dropped it again when she covered her eyes during one of lee's patented Teeter Totter moves. That guy really knows how to drive out of a pickle. Hell, he prolly doesn't even consider it a thing; it's just Friday . . .
There is something to be learned from guys with 40+ years of off road experience. More bad things happen by indecision or non commitment on challenging obstacles. Sometimes you just have to drive through it with failure is not an option attitude, while not being so aggressive you fully trash your driveline. I've seen more than a few mighty P500 miracles out of @lee over several years.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I know you're an Rmax guy now but I've seen a few of those out of you too. 🤔
Lol, there was video posted by @Hondasxs of me taking a line up Dragon's Back that I've never seen anyone else give a go. It was a balancing act that would not end up well if you "chose poorly". It's the stone ridge along the channel everyone tries to straddle without getting on the door/ roll cage. Thinking back, although navigated easily, I probably wouldn't try that again 🤔

Screenshot 20220613 235610 Chrome

Edit found the video, I come rolling through at 5:45 mark 😛

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I know you're an Rmax guy now but I've seen a few of those out of you too. 🤔
I'm a Honda fan of several decades, I'm not going anywhere and will surely ride red again, unless 1986 happens all over again with SXS that happened to ATC's.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Lots of great angles/opportunities at the Cave, that's for sure.
LOVED that long ass rocky hill climb! Except for, at the beginning, @lee telling me: "This climb is a little rocky, but it should be doeable. We'll reconnect at the top".

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Lots of great angles/opportunities at the Cave, that's for sure.
LOVED that long ass rocky hill climb! Except for, at the beginning, @lee telling me: "This climb is a little rocky, but it should be doeable. We'll reconnect at the top".

Something that crossed my mind this morning... we've been talking about what an animal Lee was and he certainly was but you know, his Mrs didn't get out of the machine for that climb? I know she was wearing a helmet and all but even with full on body armor that had to be one hell of a rodeo ride. Wonder if it was even discussed before he hammered the throttle? Either way, you have to give props to Mrs Lee, that lady's not afraid to grab the bull by the horns! 👏

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Something that crossed my mind this morning... we've been talking about what an animal Lee was and he certainly was but you know, his Mrs didn't get out of the machine for that climb? I know she was wearing a helmet and all but even with full on body armor that had to be one hell of a rodeo ride. Wonder if it was even discussed before he hammered the throttle? Either way, you have to give props to Mrs Lee, that lady's not afraid to grab the bull by the horns! 👏

Absolutely, she didn't even seem fazed afterwards. Hell, I had to catch my breath just from watching!
My wife was reaching for the door handle as soon as we turned the corner!

Before seeing it, I kinda wanted to try it. After seeing it, I felt like I could get up to the ledge, but then what? That shelf is too high for a P5. Extremely impressive that he conquered it only 1.5 ys ago, on stock tires and a front locker! damn . . .
@lee said that last hole is deeper now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!