BOX1

Watch your muffler!!!

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Those thinking about running without the spark arrester run a big risk when on public / BLM lands. If one knowingly removes the OEM spark arrester equipment and runs on public / forest service lands, it can be a large fine! If a fire starts as a result of a spark from your vehicle (on public or forest service lands), kiss you butt and finances good bye for a few years. Unless you use your machine exclusively on your own private property, do not run without the spark arrester. Those of us out here in the dry west, don't even think about it. :mrgreen:

Reactions: ChadMarti
HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Ok preciate the info ... im in Alabama and there are nothing but miles of sand/mud/hard dirt trails with steep hills to climb and .... they are 5 blocks from my house ... no game warden or anything like that...preciate the heads up though.

W

Wood4502

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
We'll we have another baffle strike, just happened when goin to buddies garage to adjust clutch in his dump truck. I was pullin a hill on a secondary road and heard the sound change of the exhaust and lost power. Just pulled spark arresstor out and found busted and baffle almost sideways. Dang it hope to be fixed before windrock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 889
W

Wood4502

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Here is inside muffler looking at baffle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 916
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
what are the new mufflers like are they the same or different

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
Seems I am having the same problem. Pioneer drives like a pig. Will investigate further this afternoon.

For those that had the problem, does the dealer only change the spark arrestor or the entire muffler assembly?

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
Right, I took my arrestor out today and it is evident the baffle is the problem. Called my dealer and I need to bring the Pioneer in, they won't exchange if I bring the defective muffler. It's a bummer since my trailer is under 4 feet of snow!!

tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know this is an old post I'm replying to but I did remove my spark arrester (part #7) from the muffler to inspect. I had no issues but thought that the three 8 mm bolts would be good to put anti-seize on them for future removal. I only have 25 hrs on my 700-4 and the screen looked good.

Hm0415056038

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know this is an old post I'm replying to but I did remove my spark arrester (part #7) from the muffler to inspect. I had no issues but thought that the three 8 mm bolts would be good to put anti-seize on them for future removal. I only have 25 hrs on my 700-4 and the screen looked good.

View attachment 162142
Phew.....this is an oldy!

Yes. The spark arrester has to come out to inspect the baffle. And I highly recommend antiseize on them. Mine rusted quickly and removed the threads with the bolts.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 162142

Yeah mine has a snapped off bolt.

M

mahifishn

Nov 25, 2019
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 162142

My 700-2 only has 100 miles or so on it and it just developed a nasty exhaust leak. The part #13 (it's a graphite collar) is stuck inside of the pipe right above the #21. Anybody have any idea how to get it out?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 700-2 only has 100 miles or so on it and it just developed a nasty exhaust leak. The part #13 (it's a graphite collar) is stuck inside of the pipe right above the #21. Anybody have any idea how to get it out?

You'll need to loosen up the rear pipe and try to slide it back enough to seperate the two. That should give you access to slip the collar out. I know it was tough on my 3 year old with 600 something miles. Good luck!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!