P1000 Water in display from washing it!

S

SmokeyChubbs

Jul 24, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm new to the site and still learning the ropes. I own a Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and love it. But evedetally in washing it I got water in the display. It doesnt show what drive I am in anymore. I'm ordering a new meter but my question is will I lose my mileage and maintenance intervals or is that information stored on the ECM?

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm new to the site and still learning the ropes. I own a Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and love it. But evedetally in washing it I got water in the display. It doesnt show what drive I am in anymore. I'm ordering a new meter but my question is will I lose my mileage and maintenance intervals or is that information stored on the ECM?

All will restart at 0.

Did you see the water in it? How do you know water got inside?
And from washing it. What was you washing it with. This should not happen at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

S

SmokeyChubbs

Jul 24, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All will restart at 0.

Did you see the water in it? How do you know water got inside?
And from washing it. What was you washing it with. This should not happen at all.

All I know for sure is I wasn't having any issues. Then I took it to the car wash then dropped it off for its first service. Then they tell me that the display is not working properly. Not showing that it is in 2wd, 4wd etc. And that the cooling fan wasn't kicking on. They told me that it was the way I mounted the light bar. I jumped off the wire from the ignition switch to operate a relay that supply's power to the switch panel from the battery. Ran it all deer season and never had an issue with the indicator or the fan. So I figured it had to be from the pressure washer. I still haven't had an issue with the fan not working so not sure why they had a problem with it. It is shifting in to all drive modes. Just no indication on the display.

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok.
Just haven't had many get water inside. Except those who take them scuba diving.

Partzilla is a good place for parts.

Reactions: Rusty0007 and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!