BOX1

P1000 Water in rear end question

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have taken the Pioneer on three trips, two have had water. The deepest I have gone was about 2 feet. I took my bikes in for the first service and my Pioneer already has water in the rear end. I extended all the vent lines already. After I pick it up from the shop I will check to make sure I didn't mess up the vent lines. But I was wondering has any one had water get in easily in the rear or front ends? I know it will eventually get in but I didn't think it would be this fast.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I have taken the Pioneer on three trips, two have had water. The deepest I have gone was about 2 feet. I took my bikes in for the first service and my Pioneer already has water in the rear end. I extended all the vent lines already. After I pick it up from the shop I will check to make sure I didn't mess up the vent lines. But I was wondering has any one had water get in easily in the rear or front ends? I know it will eventually get in but I didn't think it would be this fast.
I haven't had any signs of water yet. More than likely you make a bad connection or pulled a connection loose. I was paranoid after I extended my vent lines because I second guess everything thing I do. But all have been good so far. Knock on wood.

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't had any signs of water yet. More than likely you make a bad connection or pulled a connection loose. I was paranoid after I extended my vent lines because I second guess everything thing I do. But all have been good so far. Knock on wood.
I hope your right and I find something I missed or something loose.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I hope your right and I find something I missed or something loose.
If you don't find something obvious, pressurize it with a few pounds of air pressure and squirt it down with soapy water, the leak should be obvious. DO NOT hit it with 100 pounds of tank pressure. :oops:

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't find something obvious, pressurize it with a few pounds of air pressure and squirt it down with soapy water, the leak should be obvious. DO NOT hit it with 100 pounds of tank pressure. :oops:
I will thanks for the idea

Reactions: CID
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Umm do u fully trust the service department u took it to. I dropped mine off for a recall and ask them to look at low range, was having problems getting it im sometimes. next day they informed something in sub trans was bad. I informed them it was still under warranty 2 days later I got it back with cable adjusted which I knew was the problem to begin with im just saying some of these places are sketchy at best.

• Sad
Reactions: CID and TripleB
IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Umm do u fully trust the service department u took it to. I dropped mine off for a recall and ask them to look at low range, was having problems getting it im sometimes. next day they informed something in sub trans was bad. I informed them it was still under warranty 2 days later I got it back with cable adjusted which I knew was the problem to begin with im just saying some of these places are sketchy at best.
Yea, it’s a local family owned shop. Very trustworthy been here since early 80’s. I know what you mean though, I always try to deal with people I trust.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!