P1000 Water Ingestion Fix Question and More

jelmail2000

jelmail2000

Feb 6, 2017
US
Hey all,

I went to the dealer and ordered the new parts provided on the water ingestion fix post and they told me these were not available in the USA. I called Honda and they told me they absolutely were. Back to dealer who said only one part was available, the pre-filter cover(?) and the fender plug was not. Called Honda who said dealer is crazy. Has anyone successfully bought the water ingestion fix parts and if so, from where? I used the part numbers listed, 61130 & 61140. They had the push clips of course.

On a side note - i complained since last year about the heat issue to Honda. I do it every time i call. I mentioned the water ingestion and the clutch problems (i started having some issues recently) and asked basically wth is up with them. I am a Honda guy through and through with many honda machines in my life, but would love to have my machine doing what it should. I even was considering trading it in which pained me.

Both times i called in the past few days the person at Honda assured me that they are in the final stages of resolving the clutch and heat issue and then will send out letters. I asked what that meant since i was told similar stuff a year ago. Do you mean December, spring of next year? They both said very much before December of this year.

I know it could be an empty promise but i am hopeful. I love the machine. Maybe this gives a few of you similar hope as well!

Cheers and thanks for any help.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hey all,

I went to the dealer and ordered the new parts provided on the water ingestion fix post and they told me these were not available in the USA. I called Honda and they told me they absolutely were. Back to dealer who said only one part was available, the pre-filter cover(?) and the fender plug was not. Called Honda who said dealer is crazy. Has anyone successfully bought the water ingestion fix parts and if so, from where? I used the part numbers listed, 61130 & 61140. They had the push clips of course.

On a side note - i complained since last year about the heat issue to Honda. I do it every time i call. I mentioned the water ingestion and the clutch problems (i started having some issues recently) and asked basically wth is up with them. I am a Honda guy through and through with many honda machines in my life, but would love to have my machine doing what it should. I even was considering trading it in which pained me.

Both times i called in the past few days the person at Honda assured me that they are in the final stages of resolving the clutch and heat issue and then will send out letters. I asked what that meant since i was told similar stuff a year ago. Do you mean December, spring of next year? They both said very much before December of this year.

I know it could be an empty promise but i am hopeful. I love the machine. Maybe this gives a few of you similar hope as well!

I bought mine from the local dealer. They got them in about 4 days.

I guarantee that ProCaliber or Bike Bandit will get them for you. I have the 2017 model year radiator heat deflectors on order from Bike Bandit.

Here is a pic of my 2016 with the 2017 parts you are seeking
IMG 1746

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought mine from the local dealer. They got them in about 4 days.

I guarantee that ProCaliber or Bike Bandit will get them for you. I have the 2017 model year radiator heat deflectors on order from Bike Bandit.

Here is a pic of my 2016 with the 2017 parts you are seeking
View attachment 50895

QQ wow look at all those wires;)

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, I admit it ain't neat, but I'm getting ready to add another 10 circuits

Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 0370 Ordered mine here. Dealers around me didn't know what I was talking about.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered mine from the local dealer. They need to have the latest Honda software to see the new parts. If they don't do weekly or monthly updates the computer might say the parts don't exist.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey all,

Careful now, you'll get moved to moan and groan. You can also go to the website of a big city dealer and order the three parts you need, that's what I did.

TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will this kit replace using a snorkel or just protect it from water splashing into the intake

TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't do deep water just go through a lot of mud and water at the lease

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Will this kit replace using a snorkel or just protect it from water splashing into the intake
It's not a snorkel. Honda won't call it that. It does protect from water splashing up into the intake from your wheels.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Does one need instructions?

TAW

TAW

Sep 12, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One doesn't they are providing the parts and labor for free it's under warranty

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Ok. I bought the parts and was sent out the door

H

HondaTech

We tried to order these parts early this week and the plug was on backorder. Called our parts center, they said 150 parts were coming but they were fullfilling BO's already ordered and there was no eta on a new shipment after that. Unless someone has them stocked somewhere, i cant get one.

M

Montana

Oct 29, 2015
Bought the parts. Its about a five minute process to install and
It looks like it will help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!