P1000 Water Ingestion Fix Question and More

K

KerXR75

May 21, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
Whooooa! Nelly! Looks like I'm a little late to the dance.H20 Ingestion problem? What gives guys?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good to know...thanks
I'm not that smart when it comes to this kind of stuff just wondering if you could explain what Hydro locking means.

After multiple splashes thru a long trail with shallow puddles of water (theoretically) it will build up in the low spot in the intake tube under the seat. Later after enough water enters the pipe, it can be sucked into the cylinders. Water isn't nearly compressible as air so it locks the motor up. If the water doesn't compress then what will? It's usually the connecting rods.

For some guys it can be one big splash that will make the vehicle ingest enough to kill it.

Some guys use the Honda pieces and some guys purchase/ make a snorkel. Search the forum for many options.

I like this option.....

645c02712b6940874ffe6a592a0e30b9

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Whooooa! Nelly! Looks like I'm a little late to the dance.H20 Ingestion problem? What gives guys?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

That's right! Be careful out there and be prepared to know the limits of the vehicle. For water fording, it's less than you'd think.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I ordered mine on Monday or last week and for an email saying it's at dealer today, called dealer and confirmed the back ordered plug for there this morning. So just goes to show i ordered mine and it was a back ordered item and I was on the top of the last to get filled so I don't think the demand for these is very high. Go ahead and order one!!!

C

Camp

Aug 28, 2017
Saint George Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After multiple splashes thru a long trail with shallow puddles of water (theoretically) it will build up in the low spot in the intake tube under the seat. Later after enough water enters the pipe, it can be sucked into the cylinders. Water isn't nearly compressible as air so it locks the motor up. If the water doesn't compress then what will? It's usually the connecting rods.

For some guys it can be one big splash that will make the vehicle ingest enough to kill it.

Some guys use the Honda pieces and some guys purchase/ make a snorkel. Search the forum for many options.

I like this option.....

View attachment 52879
Thank you for explaining this to me. That makes sense now.

Reactions: joeymt33
Matcnc

Matcnc

Sep 16, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If I have a 2017 P1000 do I still need the water ingestion kit????

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
I ordered mine from Babbitts online and the fender plug is on backorder, don't know when I will get it.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
what am I looking for???? Mine is solid it does not have the fins like the kit shown in this post.

If it does not look like the pictures in the second post of this thread you should buy the parts

Reactions: Matcnc
Matcnc

Matcnc

Sep 16, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dealer I bought my P1000 from has not sent any notifications of the water ingestion problem nor the clutch.
Thanks to this site I have good information

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealer I bought my P1000 from has not sent any notifications of the water ingestion problem nor the clutch.
Thanks to this site I have good information
The air intake cover was a bill of materials change. It was never offered as a fix or upgrade. It's just some of us noticed it added to the 17s and put it on our 16s

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Matcnc

Matcnc

Sep 16, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The air intake cover was a bill of materials change. It was never offered as a fix or upgrade. It's just some of us noticed it added to the 17s and put it on our 16s
So Honda to this date has not admitted guilt. This and the clutch have me scared to run the thing. I bought the thing because I saw a two fold purpose. I could prep my food plots and use it to get me closer to the stand. Now I’m gonna burn the clutch up if I pull my spring plow.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So Honda to this date has not admitted guilt. This and the clutch have me scared to run the thing. I bought the thing because I saw a two fold purpose. I could prep my food plots and use it to get me closer to the stand. Now I’m gonna burn the clutch up if I pull my spring plow.

The clutch product improvement campaign is the response to people burning up clutches. For the most part excessive load at low speed is likely the cause the failures and the higher oil flow provided by the change should improve cooling and clutch life. Neither of these changes should prevent you from riding but both make the Pioneer an even better machine

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went to dealer yesterday and they had no idea what I was talking about. I have to bring up this sight and give them the part numbers that someone else posted on here form another trend. Part guys have't an idea, you need to talk to the service guys to get help on some things like that. If you can get to them.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
how do u check n see if u have any water build up in the intake tube? with out disassembling the intake. if it is nessary I can do that but want to avoid it. have all parts for ingestion fix. just want to make sure I have no water in the intake tubes.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Get a flexible gun cleaning rod (like an Otis kit) and run a rag or paper towel down the tube from the intake under the hood. You’ll know if it is wet when you pull it back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!