Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Had what looks like a water icon on right lower side of display and "LO" on toggle thru of display. Temp normal. Interesting. Need to see which type of coolant to get. Is there also an indicator for low oil?? 600 miles and wrench 2 also showing. Planning on synthetic engine oil for change. Any recommendations on change frequency after synthetic engine oil?? Thanks in advance.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Haven't seen this nor do I see it listed in the manual. hummm...
I do see LO FUEL but nothing on low coolant.
As far as I know, neither the oil or the coolant has a low-level warning gauge.
but these things have so many sensors and wires. hard to really know what all it tracks.

Reactions: rocmar
Jbelmonte

Jbelmonte

Feb 21, 2017
New York
Ownership

1. 500
my display will actually say "LO" also till the engine warms up enough to put one bar on the temp gauge. this is refers to the coolant temp not the level.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Lo temp seems right, just checked on cold start up. Thanks.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
my display will actually say "LO" also till the engine warms up enough to put one bar on the temp gauge. this is refers to the coolant temp not the level.
Check radiator overflow...
cold should be...half full
..or half empty......
mine...I've only seen bars...
2 bars...cold or Hot (hot meaning road hard
for an hour )...

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Had what looks like a water icon on right lower side of display and "LO" on toggle thru of display. Temp normal. Interesting. Need to see which type of coolant to get. Is there also an indicator for low oil?? 600 miles and wrench 2 also showing. Planning on synthetic engine oil for change. Any recommendations on change frequency after synthetic engine oil?? Thanks in advance.

I would recommend buying the Honda HP coolant. It's available in quarts at any Honda powersports dealer.
There isn't an indicator for low oil or coolant.
The wrench 2 icon is for the second service which is 600 miles or 100 hours after the first service. Once reset, you will see it come on every 600 miles / 100 hours thereafter.
If I was changing to synthetic, I would use the Honda HP4S 10-30. You can buy it online for no more, or maybe even cheaper than some of the mainstream synthetics such as Mobil 1. There are so many variables involved with change frequency, it's hard to give a recommendation.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!