Welp... I did a thang!

J

JTW

Nice job man!, how r u holding the bunks shut? Cant tell if its that strap on pic.
These might help... I cut the hooks off the 2.0 version and have them hooked through the rings on the L track so they stay
DAF6FDD7 D27A 4EE8 B091 DCAC4D797340
1997C08E E764 465D B23C 888307C7FD0D

J

JTW

I grew up on bunk beds and had the bottom, looks like you have good spacing
I got as much as I could out of it. I was going to line the bottom with some 1/4 plastic but decided just to paint and keep the 2” of extra head space and return the $240 worth of plastic sheets the 6” memory foam mattresses aren’t compressing as much as I thought they would, so I’m glad it decided on the painting the frames

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got as much as I could out of it. I was going to line the bottom with some 1/4 plastic but decided just to paint and keep the 2” of extra head space and return the $240 worth of plastic sheets the 6” memory foam mattresses aren’t compressing as much as I thought they would, so I’m glad it decided on the painting the frames
It looks awesome well done

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
These might help... I cut the hooks off the 2.0 version and have them hooked through the rings on the L track so they stay
View attachment 195345View attachment 195346
Nice! I've been thinking of doing damn near exactly what u r for a while now. I'm still about a year out but seeing u undertake it makes me feel better about it now.

J

JTW

Nice! I've been thinking of doing damn near exactly what u r for a while now. I'm still about a year out but seeing u undertake it makes me feel better about it now.
So, I was going to make the ladders pivot with the bunks.. like this,
8ACFDEF0 7405 41C4 B20B 0DAFCD65AE92

but, I wanted the ladders to act as a mattress retainer and something fire the little ones to hang onto when climbing up and to also help keep from rolling out of bed.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So, I was going to make the ladders pivot with the bunks.. like this,
View attachment 195354
but, I wanted the ladders to act as a mattress retainer and something fire the little ones to hang onto when climbing up and to also help keep from rolling out of bed.
What r u doing for a toilet?

J

JTW

So, take your pick..

and that’s what the curtain and this is for behind the driver side bunks

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So, take your pick..

and that’s what the curtain and this is for behind the driver side bunks

Yup, this was one of my first thoughts. If I cant figure something out we've talked about it and she's fine with the outdoor shower and compost toilet route.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would something like this work to hold the beds up? They have various lengths and materials to choose from..

J

JTW

Yup, this was one of my first thoughts. If I cant figure something out we've talked about it and she's fine with the outdoor shower and compost toilet route.
You just get into a lot more issues with a shower inside your trailer. I had originally thought of doing it... but I’m leaning towards just putting my outdoor shower and instant gas water heater in a tongue mounted box. Most places we’ll be will have facilities anyway.

J

JTW

Would something like this work to hold the beds up? They have various lengths and materials to choose from..

Prolly... but I just want something that will cam over or something that will multiply the force to compress the mattress. I just don’t have a lot of clearance between the ceiling, studs on the walls and bed frames. And then you want something that easy to hook and unhook, so I dunno. Now that the mattresses are in I’ll be able to assess it a little better

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!