Welp... I did a thang!

J

JTW

Couldn't find anything bigger?
All aluminum too, nice trailer man!
Lmao.. I finally decided it was like a shop. If you think it’s big enough, it probably isn’t. I can fit 2 machines this way and still have a little room up front for stuff. Rather, than having to pack s*** in and around machines if I had gone 20ft. We did that last year at Moab and it was a pain in the ass. Soooo, problem solved. Plus the girls have been talking about a camper. Soooo, problem solved. Plus, I just f***ing wanted it. Soooo... problem solved!

It took me a couple hundred miles to get the feel of it... but I went thru rush hour in St. Louis and two hellashish thunderstorms in CO and Kansas. It’s really not bad...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just got back from a straight through and straight back trip to Denver to pick up a little something.... left at 9pm Wednesday night. 37 hours on the road and 2 days with no sleep or food. Just Monster energy drink!

24 x 8.5 x7’ inTech trailer.

View attachment 145154 View attachment 145155 View attachment 145157 View attachment 145158 View attachment 145159 View attachment 145160 View attachment 145161 View attachment 145162 View attachment 145163 View attachment 145164

Very nice!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And we fit, even with room to spare!

Ps.. my sxs sits at 81-82” at the tallest point. View attachment 145165View attachment 145166
You going to make a camper/toy hauler out of it out of it? That's along the lines I've been thinking. I can bum sleeping arrangements and pay for the camper site for camper, than buying a 44 foot camper and a 1 ton truck 7 times a year. Until I wear out my welcome! HA!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wow that’s nice. Yeah the wind sucks especially pulling something like that. Can’t believe u wouldn’t stay a night in a hotel!

I just did a 1400 mile round trip to get my machine. Fought wind the whole way there. Worst tank was 11 mpg empty. The trip home wasn’t fighting wind. Got 13-14 the whole way back, loaded with a Pioneer 1000!

Must have got a heck of a deal to go that far to get it. I missed out on a 24’ enclosed a couple months ago. Guy had it all set up as a poor mans toy hauler. I called him immediately but he already had a buyer. Was all set up with ac, shore power, fridge, beds etc. for $2475. Older trailer but was a steal at that price. Probably wasn’t tall enough for a 1000 anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got back from a straight through and straight back trip to Denver to pick up a little something.... left at 9pm Wednesday night. 37 hours on the road and 2 days with no sleep or food. Just Monster energy drink!

View attachment 145154 View attachment 145155 View attachment 145157 View attachment 145158 View attachment 145159 View attachment 145160 View attachment 145161 View attachment 145162 View attachment 145163 View attachment 145164
Sweet congratulations looks good

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Wow that’s nice. Yeah the wind sucks especially pulling something like that. Can’t believe u wouldn’t stay a night in a hotel!

I just did a 1400 mile round trip to get my machine. Fought wind the whole way there. Worst tank was 11 mpg empty. The trip home wasn’t fighting wind. Got 13-14 the whole way back, loaded with a Pioneer 1000!

Must have got a heck of a deal to go that far to get it. I missed out on a 24’ enclosed a couple months ago. Guy had it all set up as a poor mans toy hauler. I called him immediately but he already had a buyer. Was all set up with ac, shore power, fridge, beds etc. for $2475. Older trailer but was a steal at that price. Probably wasn’t tall enough for a 1000 anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was cheap.. yeah, ac is also on my list. The intech’s are pre wired and braced for it. So it’s an easy add. Fitting mine in an enclosed is especially difficult as I have 30’s and a lift.. and Honda roof and fox shocks with preload and I’m not doing a cage chop. I also looked at a sundowner but the doorway was slightly shorter by an inch or two. After loading mine in this.. I don’t think mine would have fit as is in the sundowner. But I did really like that sundowner too. Trailer World in Bowling green Ky was the cheapest I found the intech and the was largely due to the salesman really cutting a deal. (I have his info if anyone is interested) That’s a 24k trailer new with the options it has. It’s an 18 and still smells new inside despite being a used trailer.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Oh YOU did a thing huh? Wonder how you got that deal....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

X2! I'm looking at them myself are you happy with that size? Or would you go. Bigger any direction?

I think I’m really going to like it. If you get it tall and wide enough for the pk5 then it doesn’t make a lot of difference on the length. The longer they are the better they pull. 24’ will allow for 2 machines and stuff in front. As I look at it. It’s a lot of room, but it’s also not. The big kicker for me was the physical door opening clearance. The header for the spring on the ramp kills a lot of opening. The intech does a very good job of keeping that header low. And they have a nice 4” dove tail. So on a 7’ interior height trailer I have a door that allows 83 1/2” of vertical clearance. I’d have to go to a 7 1/2’ trailer to get that needed clearance for my machine in most others options. I won’t say it’s perfect for everything.. but we’ve got options with this where you get limited options if you go smaller. 2 machines is a biggie. And if you’re going to go 20’.. you may as well go long enough to put your s*** up front vs in your way. I had started out thinking 16-18 but as it all progressed over the last 2 years. This was the deal and I’m glad of it. It’s really not bad pulling. I’m going to get a weight distribution hitch and see how that helps with the sway/push you get in the heavy wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’m really going to like it. If you get it y’all and wife enough for the pk5 then it doesn’t make a lot of difference on the length. The longer they are the better they pull. 24’ will allow for 2 machines and stuff in front. As I look at it. It’s a lot of room, but it’s also not. The big kicker for me was the physical door opening clearance. The header for the spring on the ramp kills a lot of opening. The intech does a very good job of keeping that header low. And they have a nice 4” dove tail. So on a 7’ interior height trailer I have a door that allows 83 1/2” of vertical clearance. I’d have to go to a 7 1/2’ trailer to get that needed clearance for my machine in most others options. I won’t say it’s perfect for everything.. but we’ve got options with this where you get limited options if you go smaller. 2 machines is a biggie. And if you’re going to go 20’.. you may as well go long enough to put your s*** up front vs in your way. I had started out thinking 16-18 but as it all progressed over the last 2 years. This was the deal and I’m glad of it. It’s really not bad pulling. I’m going to get a weight distribution hitch and see how that helps with the sway/push you get in the heavy wind.
You must of drove 55mph. Load up 2 rigs and your crap you'll wish you had that ram with the 6.4 lol

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I’m really going to like it. If you get it y’all and wife enough for the pk5 then it doesn’t make a lot of difference on the length. The longer they are the better they pull. 24’ will allow for 2 machines and stuff in front. As I look at it. It’s a lot of room, but it’s also not. The big kicker for me was the physical door opening clearance. The header for the spring on the ramp kills a lot of opening. The intech does a very good job of keeping that header low. And they have a nice 4” dove tail. So on a 7’ interior height trailer I have a door that allows 83 1/2” of vertical clearance. I’d have to go to a 7 1/2’ trailer to get that needed clearance for my machine in most others options. I won’t say it’s perfect for everything.. but we’ve got options with this where you get limited options if you go smaller. 2 machines is a biggie. And if you’re going to go 20’.. you may as well go long enough to put your s*** up front vs in your way. I had started out thinking 16-18 but as it all progressed over the last 2 years. This was the deal and I’m glad of it. It’s really not bad pulling. I’m going to get a weight distribution hitch and see how that helps with the sway/push you get in the heavy wind.
That sounds awesome! 2 sxs is a biggie f0r me also that and a old car would prob be the only use. Possibly one machine and makeshift camper. I've looked at 28' also. Guess you cant have too much room as long as you can pull it and park it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!