Welp... I did a thang!

J

JTW

That sounds awesome! 2 sxs is a biggie f0r me also that and a old car would prob be the only use. Possibly one machine and makeshift camper. I've looked at 28' also. Guess you cant have too much room as long as you can pull it and park it
That’s true.. I mean don’t get me wrong, there are advantages to shorter rigs.. but thinking about the majority of what I’ll use it for. I think this will be just right. I also have a topper for my truck and I think that will help my drag quite a bit. And a lot of that extra stuff storage.

J

JTW

You must of drove 55mph. Load up 2 rigs and your crap you'll wish you had that ram with the 6.4 lol
Lmao.. not hardly. 65-85 most of the time. I prolly averaged 73 mostly. I wasn’t firing on all cylinders and didn’t get in a hurry on the way home but . The storms slowed me down. And I had an issue with the taillights not working... I didn’t know there is a separate fuse for the trailer light systems separate from the trucks system. The truck lights were working and everything on the trailer was except for the running lights and parking lights. I messed with the plug and troubleshooted different shut until I figured out the issue, I still think the plug is what was causing the blown fuse, so I’m going to swap it out. The wiring on this thing is impressive! It’s super neat and done very very well. But I think the previous owner or lot worker f***ed up the plug once upon a time. Tried half the day to locate some fuses for it as they’re an M Case fuse and not readily avalible apparently! So I’d suggest everyone checking their trucks and getting some 25 amp M Case fuses if you have the same setup.

But regardless..

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yep, first few miles pulling something that wide gets your full attention. Pulled yesterday through construction with narrow lanes and concrete jersey barriers and curves. Add a semi beside you and the attention factor goes up. Like the cabinets @JTW, very nice setup. Also did the 7 ft and dovetail, the way to go.

D

Deleted member 3748

Reactions: JTW and Mudwing
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s on my list... I need to start looking and deciding what I want. 15k btu with a heat strip but I don’t know about models and features.
This is what we bought, whenever we needed heat we just used a small electric heater. 15k should be good for you,ours was borderline but it was black and a good bit bigger.
RV Coleman 48204C866 Mach 15 White 15,000 BTU RV Air Conditioner w/ NON Ducted K

J

JTW

Yep, first few miles pulling something that wide gets your full attention. Pulled yesterday through construction with narrow lanes and concrete jersey barriers and curves. Add a semi beside you and the attention factor goes up. Like the cabinets @JTW, very nice setup. Also did the 7 ft and dovetail, the way to go.
Yes.. the 4” dove drop and low profile door header is what makes it all work.

Reactions: TimG and Plumber32
J

JTW

This is what we bought, whenever we needed heat we just used a small electric heater. 15k should be good for you,ours was borderline but it was black and a good bit bigger.
RV Coleman 48204C866 Mach 15 White 15,000 BTU RV Air Conditioner w/ NON Ducted K
We had a similar setup in the horse trailer. Between the heat strip and electric heater it would run you out.
My only concern here is that the trailer isn’t insulated. So I’m wary about how its going to heat and cool.

Reactions: TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Never done that s***... ain’t gunna start now. But if the wife doesn’t get the clear real soon after having that baby... I’m going to have to call you again! Lmao...

Y’all going to CO next month?

Heck yeah we're going to Colorado ! Bring mama all the babies and that new trailer it already knows the way !

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s on my list... I need to start looking and deciding what I want. 15k btu with a heat strip but I don’t know about models and features.
Why get ac? That just means you’re hanging out in a box rather then outside playing!
That looks good buddy. I’m sure it’ll serve your purposes great

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!