Welp... I did a thang!

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have been following this thread from inception and have enjoyed all replys and the work that you have done! Today, you post the Pic of Truck with new Camper Shell. That is a nice Truck With Shell but "You Sir", need a bigger Truck! You will get by, but those mtn. passes are gonna eat that truck alive. Been There and Done that! Enjoy your trip...….

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have been following this thread from inception and have enjoyed all replys and the work that you have done! Today, you post the Pic of Truck with new Camper Shell. That is a nice Truck With Shell but "You Sir", need a bigger Truck! You will get by, but those mtn. passes are gonna eat that truck alive. Been There and Done that! Enjoy your trip...….
He thinks every thing he's got is huge, just wait until he meets MaMa Cass! HA!

Reactions: JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Most of the time he will have just one sxs so he should be ok as long as he drives like a rational human. He will use a different truck when there are 2 machines and gear in there.

I have talked to him about getting a life coach to help him with his over packing problems....we'll see what happens

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

96F32C10 99B3 49B1 8F78 E64ECFCAC393
Got my oven in.. just need to figure how to keep it there during travel. Rather not use a strap as it will surely forgotten about and get turned on sometime with the strap still on it.
EDBCF313 659B 40DC 903D C1C8BD0E1A61
36D47AF4 2116 4E10 84D8 48198992603C

Little sitting and figuring on what’s next.. and trying the kids hammocks for their shorter length and less use of space. No worries if it’s just be and another in the warbonnets as they’re longer.. but thinking about camping with the fam.

J

JTW

Thanks.. What was your truck and trailer/load?

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

Most of the time he will have just one sxs so he should be ok as long as he drives like a rational human. He will use a different truck when there are 2 machines and gear in there.

I have talked to him about getting a life coach to help him with his over packing problems....we'll see what happens

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yup.. I’m not too concerned about the truck. It’ll be fine, I realize the milage may not be great. But so what. Maybe one trip loaded across county a year, if I’m lucky. EB has no issue pulling it.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
View attachment 149243 Got my oven in.. just need to figure how to keep it there during travel. Rather not use a strap as it will surely forgotten about and get turned on sometime with the strap still on it.
View attachment 149245 View attachment 149244
Little sitting and figuring on what’s next.. and trying the kids hammocks for their shorter length and less use of space. No worries if it’s just be and another in the warbonnets as they’re longer.. but thinking about camping with the fam.
Very nicely done. Just don't put the $hitter next to the snack bar.

J

JTW

That's sweet right there! You have a link for those?
Thanks..

FYI... After looking at mine.. I think you’d be better off if you didn’t get it as tight. They mention having the center higher and I did a little, but more would probably be better to ensure your screen closes each time. I’ve only been in and out of it a half dozen times but it may have a tendency to not make full contact in the middle every time. We’ll just have to see

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JHDM6GX?tag=sxsweb24-20
D8D8F510 0CFB 44ED 9E0E D6F89A1D0617

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JTW

That's sweet right there! You have a link for those?
This is what I ordered for my rear gate.. same thing only bigger. You’d need to measure yours and think about how it’s going to run. As they’re “custom” cut.
Unless it comes early it won’t make this trip. But I’m interested to see how it works. I’ll have to do a little reworking to get it around the gate cables.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07S6PFZYZ?tag=sxsweb24-20
8519E13B A230 48AC AB99 2B7F74CDFA12

J

JTW

Very nicely done. Just don't put the $hitter next to the snack bar.
Thanks... EAT SH!T

Yeah, I need to figure out what kind of storage option I’m goign to do between the fridge and tool box. I’m thinking a shelf with table or something along those lines. I’ll eventually add a sink, but I’m debating on cutting into the stainless top above the tool box and making it a flush mount or adding that to my cabinet/ storage between the fridge and box. I have some storage beside the tool box in the cabinet, but that’s also where the auxiliary battery is for the lights. It chargers off of shore power and the truck when running so I don’t have to worry about getting to it, but I also hate to block that area and anything I put in there.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks... EAT SH!T

Yeah, I need to figure out what kind of storage option I’m goign to do between the fridge and tool box. I’m thinking a shelf with table or something along those lines. I’ll eventually add a sink, but I’m debating on cutting into the stainless top above the tool box and making it a flush mount or adding that to my cabinet/ storage between the fridge and box. I have some storage beside the tool box in the cabinet, but that’s also where the auxiliary battery is for the lights. It chargers off of shore power and the truck when running so I don’t have to worry about getting to it, but I also hate to block that area and anything I put in there.

What about wiring one of these to the battery?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N57XLNS/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Mount on a cabinet so you can battery tender it if you choose to not leave trailer plugged while not in use.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’d also consider solar. I haven’t done it yet in the van but we added to the bus and it was totally self sustaining, even for very long periods.
We used a lot of power in that rig and it always stayed up because you don’t use any really during the day when it’s getting charged

Reactions: BWAF
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks..

FYI... After looking at mine.. I think you’d be better off if you didn’t get it as tight. They mention having the center higher and I did a little, but more would probably be better to ensure your screen closes each time. I’ve only been in and out of it a half dozen times but it may have a tendency to not make full contact in the middle every time. We’ll just have to see

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JHDM6GX?tag=sxsweb24-20
View attachment 149255

Think I'll get one for the man door, don't hang out in mine long enough to warrant one for the back. Cheaper than i thought it would be too, thanks man!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!