WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Out of all I've read on here,I haven't heard 1 word about guns, are they legal there,especially if you have a permit? Are they needed? I live nearby there in Ky and we sometimes come across some rough and rowdy groups while out riding,but our trails are mostly ones we make on unreclaimed strip mine areas. Just saying,I know a lot of people from W Va and I wouldn't be comfortable riding anywhere without my gun if I had my wife and kids with me
Gotta research the reciprocity for your state in which you have a CWP. And research the laws in WV. I live in SC so I was good

O

OldMan187

Dec 2, 2020
Louisville, KY
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have ridden on the HMT trail numerous times. I have stayed in Mullen allowing me to access at least 4 of the trails. The thing is is that even though alcohol is not permitted on the HMT there are plenty of mining roads or "Outlaw Trails" as the locals call them that have actual bars/taverns that you can pull right up to to get your drinking done. The Mullens area outlaw trails have at least 2 trail bars that we found. Always speak to the locals to find out about the best trails and sites to see as we wouldn't have known about any of this.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have been doing research on those trails also and they sound very interesting! I hope this stream of conversations keeps going so I can see which trails fit our needs. Thanks to all of you for the info! Happy riding! 😁
It'd be nice if someone that's been there would commit to maybe putting together a small group ride. Recommend a certain place we could all stay (not same room :rolleyes:) and trails to ride as a group. We could all meet up same place same time. Hint..hint...hint!!!!😂😂

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Out of all I've read on here,I haven't heard 1 word about guns, are they legal there,especially if you have a permit? Are they needed? I live nearby there in Ky and we sometimes come across some rough and rowdy groups while out riding,but our trails are mostly ones we make on unreclaimed strip mine areas. Just saying,I know a lot of people from W Va and I wouldn't be comfortable riding anywhere without my gun if I had my wife and kids with me
I'll also add that I've never had issues with anyone up there. Everyone welcomes the riders because that's a big source of income in the state. With that being said I'm always prepared anywhere I go

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I am heading down Friday May 6th through Monday May 9th. Staying at Wild wood cabins in Gilbert, be the 5th time stating with them. Randy treats my group real good and has good rates. Just me and 1 friend and his wife, everybody that was in, backed out when it was time to book. I have had my Maverick down there 5 times and once on a quad. This will be the 1st time with my Talon.

If anybody else wants to hook up message me. Plan on arriving around noon and riding Rock house on Friday. Sat we are hauling to Pinniclecreek (50min haul east). Sunday hauling to Buffalo mountain (50min haul west). Hauling because last time we tried to ride from Gilbert over to Buffalo we didn't get to ride much of Buffalo due to loosing daylight. Monday getting up and hitting Bear wallow or Ivy on our way home. Leaning toward Ivy because we have never rode it.

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🤔....ok so what would be best time of year to plan said ride (not in June) and which of the trail heads would be best?

Interested 👍
We enjoy it anywhere from September - November with no leaves on the trees. You can see so much more of what would be covered by foliage. But April, May is not bad either.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!