P1000 Western plow clearance

M

MBremser

Jan 17, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a 2019 pioneer 1000-5 with a western hydraulic plow. The mount has very little ground clearance and gets stuck easily. Its only about 2 inches or so off the ground.

Has anyone added a 2 or 3 inch lift to get better clearance on a similar system? Will a different bracket be needed to correct the blade angle?

Thank you

Reactions: Lady01
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Have you tried putting some weight in the bed to try and offset the forward weight?

I have heard those plows are heavy.

hows you front tire pressure...that makes a big difference! I’d crank them up to 18 psi.

btw welcome to the site!

Reactions: Lady01 and MBremser
M

MBremser

Jan 17, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you tried putting some weight in the bed to try and offset the forward weight?

I have heard those plows are heavy.

hows you front tire pressure...that makes a big difference! I’d crank them up to 18 psi.

btw welcome to the site!
Thank you. I'll check pressure but they appear to be well inflated. I'll def be tossing in some sandbags but the bottom mount bracket will be low regardless without a way to lift it higher mechanically. I can get stuck in 6 inches of snow if it's hard packed.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!