P1000 What are the odds?

cruddy0815

cruddy0815

Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2016
Northern Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome job @joeymt33! I saw the pics before in your first post but never thought twice about doing the mod myself, as I figured it was for guys going through lots of deep mud holes that hide large sticks real well, and we don't get into a lot of mud here.

Just came up to my 1 year date-of-purchase anniversary so the day before I dumped $620 for the 3 year extended warranty, and took a deep sigh of relief thinking I had covered my basis; a hole from a stick isn't covered by the warranty, lol.

Will be ordering the material in the morning to do the "Joey" mod. Last thing I would want is for my daughter or wife to get injured from a stick through the floor. Especially when ALL of us are out in the middle of nowhere when we are riding. An impaled stick to the leg or groin on an isolated trail is serious sh*t. Thanks for sharing your work again.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Check out my P500 post on Wheel Well Protectors. Spoke to Don at Ricochet rock sliders and he sent some very basic metal add ons I requested. Seems like such a common problem for all Pioneer sizes and would justify a new better designed product to their line if enough interest. Will be adding an angle piece on the inner side.

IMG 3700

Last edited:
Reactions: JLH and Deer-hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!