P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I meant to post this the other day. Added the 12” led light bar to the front bumper on my 2022 P1K5 Trail. Had to remove bumper in order to get the light at the proper angle. This is the add a light kit from the club store, easy to install , as advertised “plug -n- play. Nice and bright.

9A0DC32B 2608 4FBE A70A AE10C20B97C7 8348B620 2C90 49CC BE7E DE5C5F470660

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I meant to post this the other day. Added the 12” led light bar to the front bumper on my 2022 P1K5 Trail. Had to remove bumper in order to get the light at the proper angle. This is the add a light kit from the club store, easy to install , as advertised “plug -n- play. Nice and bright.

View attachment 365618 View attachment 365619
I wish I could swap bumpers with you and get the full trail one. Now you’re just a commoner deluxe bumper like me!!!

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed the plug and play signal, license plate holder, horn, and hazards kit. Been talking with South Dakota Motor Vehicle Department to get the registration steps to license it for Arkansas. The person I spoke with says that UTVs, ATVs, and Four Wheelers are not considered farm vehicles and therefore are not exempt from tax. However, I read them the exception rule found in Section 32-5-1.4 which states:

Current with changes from the 2022 Legislative Session
Section 32-5-1.4 - All-terrain vehicles used in agriculture exempt
Any three-wheeled or four-wheeled all-terrain vehicle using a highway ditch or crossing a highway to get to and from a field or pasture and being used in the course of farm or ranch labor is exempt from the provisions of this chapter.
SDCL 32-5-1.4
SL 1985, ch 242.

The lady told me that it was absolutely ridiculous that ATVs, UTVs, and Four Wheelers were considered farm vehicles in Arkansas and that they absolutely were NOT exempt from tax in South Dakota. Even after reading the exception rule, she still stated that I would have to pay sales tax in South Dakota to license my UTV.

I registered it in AR as a farm vehicle, since I do own and operate a working cattle farm and use it primarily for farm use, and therefore it was exempt from sales tax. Has anyone else registered and licensed their Pioneer in a different state that recognizes farm vehicles as tax exempt and allowed you to license it out of state?
I live in MO and utvs can be considered farm equipment and that makes them except from sales tax. If you do not make the “farm” exemption claim they charge you sales tax however MO does not title UTVs. I got a permanent NM pavement sticker which works in AZ. I am told it does not work in all states. I now winter in FL and I am told they do not accept my NM sticker. I don’t know if that is true but I don’t want to find out either. I was looking at dirt legal and they say in cases like ours where your state does not charge sales tax setting up a Montana LLC makes more since they do not have a sales tax. Look at the dirt legal website and you will be able to review this information.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I also have that light and love it! Thanks Honda Sxs store!

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in MO and utvs can be considered farm equipment and that makes them except from sales tax. If you do not make the “farm” exemption claim they charge you sales tax however MO does not title UTVs. I got a permanent NM pavement sticker which works in AZ. I am told it does not work in all states. I now winter in FL and I am told they do not accept my NM sticker. I don’t know if that is true but I don’t want to find out either. I was looking at dirt legal and they say in cases like ours where your state does not charge sales tax setting up a Montana LLC makes more since they do not have a sales tax. Look at the dirt legal website and you will be able to review this information.
Sorry that was meant for the guy at top of thread from AR asking about plates

Soaz1000

Soaz1000

Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2018
Soaz
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took my main skid off and enlarged the oil drain holes. At least now I can get my hand part way in there to screw the plugs back on. Either that skid is getting heavier or I'm getting older. Lol I have no way to lift the front up so I can work on it standing up.20221207 16214920221207 162146

W

willieronk

Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
MT
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Looks just like my rig without the light bar but I've got a wraparound bumper guard. Well, my cab is not enclosed either. Where did you get the soft window enclosure? What's the blue cord on left side of your plow blade?

P

PDogRex

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Central MT.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The soft door enclosures are Honda accessories, spendy and a little difficult to get to close properly, but keep the cold and wind out.😃
On my plow I have plow markers on each end and attached to the winch is a KFI 1.5” wide strap that is 66” in length for raising and lower plow. It works a lot better than the steel cable, which i didn’t want to ruin with all the winding and unwinding, it really takes a toll on the cable.

W

willieronk

Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
MT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The soft door enclosures are Honda accessories, spendy and a little difficult to get to close properly, but keep the cold and wind out.😃
On my plow I have plow markers on each end and attached to the winch is a KFI 1.5” wide strap that is 66” in length for raising and lower plow. It works a lot better than the steel cable, which i didn’t want to ruin with all the winding and unwinding, it really takes a toll on the cable.
Thaks. Great insights.

W

willieronk

Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
MT
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hey PDog. I just figured out how to enlarge the pics. I see what was confusing me. Nice rig! Thanx again

advertisement
ARDilbert

ARDilbert

Jul 4, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ARDilbert I’m curious and a little confused on what you are trying to do.

Here in South Dakota, what you are referring to are two different things.

An atv , 3 wheeler, or utv are subject to sales tax. As a farmer you could deduct that tax/ cost of machine as a business expense.

As a farmer, you are not required to license the vehicle as long as it is used on your property, or driven in the ditch adjacent to your property. It can be driven across a road, but cannot be driven down/on the roadway.

Now if you buy a vehicle and want to
License it to drive on the roads, you still have to pay sales tax on the vehicle when you purchase it. In addition, you would have to pay for the license plate.

If the vehicle is properly licensed in another state for driving on the roads, and South Dakota has a registration agreement with that state, you would be OK here.

If it isn’t licensed , then you would have to show proof taxes have been paid on the vehicle or pay sales tax on the vehicle here before it can be licensed to drive on the roads.
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have a farm and understand the tax side as my wife is a CPA. In AR a SXS can be considered a farm vehicle and is exempt from tax and yes I can drive on county roads or even highways if going to or from a farm or even hunting. What I am trying accomplish is that in AR, the National forest will allow licensed vehicles to traverse roads in the forest but not SXS or ATVs. The rule does not state what type of licensed vehicle, just a licensed vehicle. AR will not issue a license plate for a SXS. SD will BUT does not recognize a SXS as a tax exempt farm vehicle like AR. So, I can license in SD if I want to pony up for the full purchase price. Probably going to wait but may pursue later.
I’ve checked it out and Might pay the $800 to just have them handle it. Thanks for the reply

J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!