P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

R

rickoshea

You're braver than me. My state says 8 to 12 inches for a small car. 12 to 15 for a pickup. I usually wait until I see pickup trucks on the ice before I venture out on it.
fun fact,my pioneer on tracks is .88 psi down force. an average human is 16 psi.still, not a smart move on 4" of ice,but it is only 2' deep for a long way out at the #7 public boat access.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20210102 185351

Did the Cup holder mod out of boredom today while we're getting a real soaker of a rain storm.

R

rickoshea

Finally got around to installing the doors that have been sitting around for the last month.they're keeping the snow out.i'm happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: EMAW
annoyed

annoyed

Oct 31, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Started my electrical project, 2nd battery installed, all 2ga-4ga wires run. Will finish up the accessory wires tomorrow.
Then it sounds like I’ll be doing the same to my buddy’s pioneer 🤣

748B5F3D 184B 455E 8D8E 9F0F1727084B

R

rickoshea

patched a couple holes in the bimini top and pulled off the front door nets.i'll put them back on when the doors come off in the spring.not much riding the last few weeks,lake isn't quite thick enough yet and the snow is iffy,and i can't get up the access roads to the snowmobile trails cuz the roads are all ice and it's sketchy pulling the honda on the trailer.

R

rickoshea

walked out to the middle of the lake today and drilled some holes. 8" of hard ice all the way across so it was doughnut time.tore it up for about an hour. 🐓 💩 neighbor wouldn't come out with his tracked maverick.had some weak a$$ excuse of having to work instead.it needs about a foot of snow on it to make it interesting.did a lot of powersliding on about 1/2" of snow over the ice.new doors worked great keeping the snow out of the cab.hopefully be the end of next week the ice will be thick enough that i can ride on it without a lifejacket under my coat.it's a little puckery on only 8".should be well over a foot by next friday as we're about to get a crazy cold snap of highs of -10.

R

rickoshea

scooted across the lake to the north side winter trails this morning after drilling holes to check the ice thickness and spent a few hours clearing trees from the trails because the lazy ass snowmobilers are too inconsiderate to clear the whole trail,not just enough for them and nobody else to get through,and breaking my chainsaw in the process.if you're going to pull out a saw to clear the trail,clear the whole damn trail.rant over.

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
scooted across the lake to the north side winter trails this morning after drilling holes to check the ice thickness and spent a few hours clearing trees from the trails because the lazy ass snowmobilers are too inconsiderate to clear the whole trail,not just enough for them and nobody else to get through,and breaking my chainsaw in the process.if you're going to pull out a saw to clear the trail,clear the whole damn trail.rant over.
I'm on both a snowmobile club and an ATV club. As a snowmobiler we say the same thing about ATVs as they only clear the trail enough for the ATV and not enough to get our groomer through the trails.

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
Sted1201

Sted1201

Jan 4, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added lift assist to the trailer that carries my 1000-5. Was getting really sick of lifting that heavy duty tailgate that takes much strength to lift. Now I can lift it with one finger.

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
R

rickoshea

door pics smitty.went for a long ride out in the back woods yesterday.wasn't quite the middle of nowhere,but i could see it from where i was.put on the snowshoes and went for a hike while i was out there,and unloaded a box of .44 mags while i was at it.really cool seeing all the different game tracks in the virgin snow.

20210108 132020

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i would,but i'd have to get the wife to film it and she hates to ride with me for obvious reasons 😅
I’m thinking about getting tracks.What brand are u using?anddd how big a trailer will I need.so if u don’t mind in ur spare time how big is a pioneer w tracks.?thanks in advance

Reactions: Isaiah
R

rickoshea

i run camso utv 4s1's.they add 14.5" in width and an additional 26.5"/front and 35" rear in length and you gain 5" in height.and they're heavy.almost 450 lbs.something to be aware of if you plan to trailer.my trailer is 7x10.

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!