P1000m5 What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed my denali snow plow. It was 71F today :p

IMG 20201210 190601

R

rickoshea

spent the morning plowing yesterdays snowfall.then widened the track through my sons property so i can fit a tracked vehicle through and up to the mail boxes.tomorrow i'm going to help myself to some of his standing dead trees and augment my firewood supply now that i can actually get through.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice job. Looks great.

Thanks, now if I could just learn how to use the dam thing outside of my wife on our talkies saying " can you hear me now".
Added a Dual band antenna but can't see much difference in FRS reception yet.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks, now if I could just learn how to use the dam thing outside of my wife on our talkies saying " can you hear me now".
Program a local repeater in your area and listen in. You can find them on repeaterbook.com Remember to set the offset and the tone if there is one.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dindunuffin, as I saw her siting there all alone and there I was hoping to spread across the warmth of my beer farted seat covers And go fer a ride to Valhalla. Yup, Dindunuffin.

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm setting up a 700 and I'd like to install a two way radio but not up to studying for a Tech license for I'm wondering is GMRS is in use a lot in the PNW? NOt sure CB is the right answer either but I'd like to get something that will work with a fair number of folks in the area.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Reactions: Biteme
HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You can get an amplified speaker for $15 - $30 that plugs into the back of it, they work great or get yourself an headset/mic for $100 nice job.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm setting up a 700 and I'd like to install a two way radio but not up to studying for a Tech license for I'm wondering is GMRS is in use a lot in the PNW? NOt sure CB is the right answer either but I'd like to get something that will work with a fair number of folks in the area.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Most All of the over the counter handhelds are GMRS, the more expensive models with longer range you have to program unless you buy from our friends here already setup, they work fine as long as you don’t get more than a few miles apart. They work and they work well, EVERYTHING in that category is better than CB, quieter, more clear longer range, etc.

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I know this thread was titled 1000-5 but, Ive been installing heaters on the P1K3 for the past few days, I’m very impressed with the Maradyne marine heaters. Waiting on two parts to finish. Just wish we had some snow to go play in!! Lol

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this thread was titled 1000-5 but, Ive been installing heaters on the P1K3 for the past few days, I’m very impressed with the Maradyne marine heaters. Waiting on two parts to finish. Just wish we had some snow to go play in!! Lol
Hope you create a thread on this.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks Honda!!
Would it be fair to say most SXS drivers would use GMRS and would be the best choice for comms on group trips? I would like reliability. We had FRS hand helds and they suck unless you are in the same vehicle or close to it. I'm guessing it is worthwhile getting a fair quality vehicle mounted radio and a license to ensure good service and capability. I think I heard that "elksomeone" (don't recall the name) is the group expert and the best person to work thru.

Thanks again for your input!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!